The Pros and Cons of Nucular Fizzion, and how it Affects Trucking

other dog

Well...actually that subject is too controversial...and I can't delete it...everybody expects something...oh, I know what i'll do-

I went to the shop today to leave on a routine mission delivering a load of train wheels to Sharon, Pa. This load that's back behind the other trailer!

Noticed a puddle of unknow fluid under the truck, which I later determined to be coolant.

Further investigation turned up a line from the air compressor that was leaking, which caused the puddle to form on the ground.

So I called Jeff, and he said he'd get Jimmy to fix it in the morning and to just leave tomorrow with the train wheels. That's OK with me, we left there peeling rubber in the Ford Ranger headed home- Jo was driving of course.

Stopped at the store in Rustburg on the way home and I took a picture of a Western Star with a load of pulp wood that was parked there.

I cooked a boston butt yesterday in the smoker, figured i'd have some good ol' pulled pork barbecue sammiches this week. Put some on a plate for Jo too, I took all the rest of it.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Don't nobody pressure wash the engine area? front axle is covered with "stuff"

jo don't eat much does she? Or get much.

Got a picnic on the low and slow as we speak. Corn fritters. Apple crisp for dessert

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Don't nobody pressure wash the engine area? front axle is covered with "stuff"

jo don't eat much does she? Or get much.

Got a picnic on the low and slow as we speak. Corn fritters. Apple crisp for dessert

no, that stuff is supposed to be there- it protects the axle. actually, we're not even allowed to wash trucks at the shop. we have to go to a truck wash to get them washed, and they only hit the outside.

sniff sniff....We got no Bone Suckin Sauce here......all we get is Ho Made Sauce...

post-3242-0-30164700-1316469999.jpg.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

sniff sniff....We got no Bone Suckin Sauce here......all we get is Ho Made Sauce...

post-3242-0-30164700-1316469999.jpg.

Sounds good, the sauce Otherdog makes will sure have your sinuses flowing like a river. I guard the fridge and use it sparingly. We have a BBQ place here that is called Famous Daves that has very good sauces. I just don't get over to that side of town very often anymore.

mike

I hear you. We've got Spicey's on the other side of the tracks here.......I'm not allowed there by momma. I come out covered in sauce and in a feeding daze. Best ribs and chicken I ever had. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

no, that stuff is supposed to be there- it protects the axle. actually, we're not even allowed to wash trucks at the shop. we have to go to a truck wash to get them washed, and they only hit the outside.

Sorry Other Dog, Senior Nuclear Physic Rhasler is correct, exposure to fizzion is destroying your underbelly, (ahem,,truck underbelly). It could snap at any load, get outta there! Is your hair thinning? Do you wear glasses? Do you crave hog parts? Sorry, you have all the symptoms, burn that truck and sink whats left of it in the river! randyp :blush:

Sorry Other Dog, Senior Nuclear Physic Rhasler is correct, exposure to fizzion is destroying your underbelly, (ahem,,truck underbelly). It could snap at any load, get outta there! Is your hair thinning? Do you wear glasses? Do you crave hog parts? Sorry, you have all the symptoms, burn that truck and sink whats left of it in the river! randyp :blush:

I do indeed have all the above.

I delivered the train wheels today, and the dock was broken so they unloaded them from the rear of the trailer outside, one at a time. I had to roll all those axles to the back of the trailer, uphill. Then they reloaded me the same way- set one axle on the rear and I had to roll it to the front, uphill.

I do indeed have all the above.

I delivered the train wheels today, and the dock was broken so they unloaded them from the rear of the trailer outside, one at a time. I had to roll all those axles to the back of the trailer, uphill. Then they reloaded me the same way- set one axle on the rear and I had to roll it to the front, uphill.

AAAAHHHH! the flatbeddin' life! gotta love it!................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

AAAAHHHH! the flatbeddin' life! gotta love it!................Mark

Can't help it, I do love flatbeddin

The rain, the snow, the hot, the cold, ahhh and the tarps are my favorite.

Crain mats on a butifull spring day, makes it all worth it !!!!!!!

You got that right. I p[ulled a van and reefer for 4 months and it was 4 months of hell.You definatley got to be cut out for it. Only difference I don't tarp,carry tarps or look at tarps. If it pays good and I got time I might order one for an exact fit.

flat beddin'...sometimes you gotta load in the rain, get soaking wet strapping a load of lumber down.

So, why don't you get a rain suit, dumbass?

Well, actually I have a rain suit- I put the coat on, but i'm too lazy to put the pants on because they're a pain in the ass. So all the water runs down and soaks my jeans worse than if I hadn't put the coat on in the first place.

More train wheels- the return load in Sharon won't be ready until Tuesday, so they're sitting. Maybe i'll take them after I take the lumber to Alliance, Ohio.

I went to Middlefield, Ohio with a load of lumber Wednesday, and all I saw was this Laidlaw truck.

I said it before,an i'll say it again! i give you guys all the credit in the world! there is NO WAY i would pull a flatbed,stepdeck,lowboy,curtainside,or any of that type foolishness! but i know how you guys think,give me multiple stops,14-15 thousand pounds,and a good ol' drybox and i'm a happy man! course thats coming from an ex-bedbugger/electronics hauler,your right,got to be "cut-out"for your job thats for sure,aint nobody waiting inline to do my job either!!!!!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I wound up with a box of paunchos from Ritchie bros. Auctions

Each is packaged smaller than a pack of cigs

Wet from the knees down, but worth it.

I used to carry a trash bag with arm and neck holes cut out, works good, looks a little strange.