More Power!

a5redwing

The mechanic was asking me the other day "Why haven't you had your truck turned up yet?" I have a 355/380 e7 and I told him it was decent on power and blowing up that motor didn't seem like a good idea. He said that all you need is a new turbo and injectors $$$$$. Can I safely have it turned up a little +- 25 hp WITHOUT changing parts?

Drew

The mechanic was asking me the other day "Why haven't you had your truck turned up yet?" I have a 355/380 e7 and I told him it was decent on power and blowing up that motor didn't seem like a good idea. He said that all you need is a new turbo and injectors $$$$$. Can I safely have it turned up a little +- 25 hp WITHOUT changing parts?
If your truck is a 1999, you can bump it to 400 HP with just a download. But on paper your 355/380 puts out 1560 ft pounds of torque. If you bumped to 400 HP your torque would drop to 1460. You might want to stay where your at. Your engine now had the same tourque output as a 427. But to get bumped to a 427 or 460 HP it will involve turbo, injectors and remove camshaft and install an offset keyway in the cam gear to prevent overheating.