Relisted Mh-613

Rob

Don Shumaker is not in at the museum right now. He would be the one that would have the authority to approve such an endeavor. I spoke with him early last week about the truck, prior to this discussion, he knew about it and said it would be nice to have, but the museum doesn't have a budget to purchase trucks. I can assist any endeavor but with the recent weather and other things absorbing my time, I can't head this thing up. Since this is BMT through Watts, maybe Barry can offer a suggestion. I'll contact him this morning.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I just talked to Doug and it sounds like a great project! Watt's & BMT are definitely on board! We can set up a special paypal and mailing address for donations, also!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Thanks everyone for your interest. You can always send your money to me! :)

I am willing to head up this endeavor. I sent another note to the seller to contact me. Until the seller makes contact and he states the selling price there is not much we can do at this time. In the mean time I will talk to the Mack Museum and get their input.

Does anyone know the seller?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Assuming that the museum is set up as a charity, 501c3, donations made to it are tax deductible. Hopefully the Museum can set up a special account for the purchase of this truck and donations made directly to the Mack Museum.

Denny

• Like 1

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Wheels in Motion...

As I stated, Don is not in and will return 9-26. I don't know if anyone else at the museum can authorize any outside endeavors like this. I believe the museum is set up for tax deductible donations, we just have to arrange the donation process properly so it can be creditted accordingly. There are alot of hoops to make it through when dealing with this kind of thing.

As soon as Ken hears from the seller, I would like to speak with him, I'll send you a message.

Thanks, Doug

Im in for $100 as well. When I read the post, I was upset. Then the seller turns up saying he didn't have the heart to export it. Amazing turn of events.

Joe, you did the right thing. I as well as other will try to help you get this truck to the Mack Museum and kept on American soil. Thank you.

Also of note: there is a website called kickstarter.com that helps with stuff like this. We can use it to pool the dough, buy the truck and get it to museum.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this from the Mack Museum:

The new owner of the MH613 Interplant Truck (listed on eBay) lives in Canada. He is aware of the activity on Big Mack Trucks. The Museum has a verbal agreement that we will pick up the truck in Edison, NJ and bring it to the Museum “for a year or so.” He will send me an e-mail with details. We may go for it one of the next Wednesdays. For now, we would only do clean up work to make it showable.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I am willing to head up this endeavor.

I will second the motion for Ken to head this and any similar future MH issues. It is quite obvious to anyone who knows him that his passion is the MH series.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

We are not exactly sure. I was at the Museum yesterday and got the news about it being taken to the museum. More info to come. I think this is the owner that had it on ebay, He is out of Canada but the truck was in the states. I will keep you posted as I learn things. Doug

• Like 1

funny story, I called at the museum yesterday. I'm from Canada. I bought a MH-613 in NJ. are we talking about the same truck??? reading the older post about the truck, 9 members how me 100$ :loldude:

well, i am one of them. if you are transferring ownership of the MH to the Mack Museum, i will be glad to contribute my share . . . . if, as was mentioned earlier, it is being loaned to them for some period of time, well . . . . . . . .