Grandfathers Truck

wyodog

Hey guys --

This picture is of my grandfathers truck. I never knew my grandfather, and this is the only surviving picture of his truck. I was hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out what make / model it is. It looks like it's a international but I am not sure. Would appreciate any help...

Thanks!

Josh

post-4432-0-49386700-1312259165_thumb.jp

Hey guys --

This picture is of my grandfathers truck. I never knew my grandfather, and this is the only surviving picture of his truck. I was hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out what make / model it is. It looks like it's a international but I am not sure. Would appreciate any help...

Thanks!

Josh

I think it's an early 70's 4000 Transtar IH.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

it looks like a 2000D ; a 4000 would be a cabover

I

I think I agree with you but been too long to know for certain.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think it is an early Fleetstar 2000 series.I believe it shared a cab with the Loadstar, but the Fleetstar was a diesel. If the picture was big enough you could see the Fleetstar in script and the 2000 also on the side of the hood. Go to utube and type in Fleetstar 2000d and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

I think it is an early Fleetstar 2000 series.I believe it shared a cab with the Loadstar, but the Fleetstar was a diesel. If the picture was big enough you could see the Fleetstar in script and the 2000 also on the side of the hood. Go to utube and type in Fleetstar 2000d and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Yep, this 1800 Loadstar cab looks identical, front end's different. You're right, this 2000D is it I believe. The Fleetstar picture at the top is a newer model I think.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I believe it to be a fleetstar, You could have your coice of cab in the begining of production. It also has the optional tilt hood. If equiped with a cummins engine the majority of the engine was in the cab with you. The Loadstars were a smaller truck and the largest one is a 1890 or 1895. If the truck is a 1900 or biggger it should be a fleetstar. I can always tell a fleetstar from a loadstar by the body line on the cab, The bodyline drops down hard on the cowl panel to match the cab belt line. The loadstar cab is much lower and this line is less destinct. You can see it clearly on the pictures of the four trucks on the previous post, three fleetstars and one loadstar.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

I believe it to be a fleetstar, You could have your coice of cab in the begining of production. It also has the optional tilt hood. If equiped with a cummins engine the majority of the engine was in the cab with you. The Loadstars were a smaller truck and the largest one is a 1890 or 1895. If the truck is a 1900 or biggger it should be a fleetstar. I can always tell a fleetstar from a loadstar by the body line on the cab, The bodyline drops down hard on the cowl panel to match the cab belt line. The loadstar cab is much lower and this line is less destinct. You can see it clearly on the pictures of the four trucks on the previous post, three fleetstars and one loadstar.

Fred

by golly you were right,,i thought the newer cab was a fleetstar.bob

Yes it is a Fleetstar 2000, but they also came with a gas motor then had the Y designation. I have a 1969 Fleetstar 2000Y with a 549cid gas V8 with a 5 and a 2. I had another gas job which I sold to a guy in Delaware. They were both single axles. I really like the look of them. With the stack this is probably a diesel. Both of the gas jobs had grass burner exhaust.

Mike

• 1 month later...