Permit? I Don't Need No Stinking Permit!

Thats true might as well leave the flags off. They see that they are going to look harder. and hell like most heavy haulers say boot legging is only a crime if you get caught

When I hauled logs, the trailer I had was a 102". When I'd load the skidders or the rubber tire loader on to haul to a job, it would hang over 3" on each side if I had it centered...which wasn't TOO noticeable. I always liked loading it myself because I would center the dang thing...the truck boss always had the tires even with the edge of the trailer on the left side, and hanging over 6" on the right...where the scale house attendant (if we crossed any scales) would be hard pressed to NOT notice.

We never had permits. Never ran flags or banners. Most of the time, we just used 2 chains, 2 binders, and rolled.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yeah most of those days are in the past. These states are hurting for money and csa2010 is going to put a stop to alot of that. just not worth sneaking stuff anymore. the short term money you save for a 15 to 30 dollar over width only permit. doesn't justify it. Then again when I wasn't footing the bill I could care less. now 1" or 8' over gets a permit.Just remember this. if something happens and dot is called out if they measure you. the fine is going to be the least of your worries.

What is this CSA2010 exactly? I had a customer at the shop last week talking about trucker being harrassed for things such as uneven tire pressure. I don't think I'd heard the term prior to this meeting.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What is this CSA2010 exactly? I had a customer at the shop last week talking about trucker being harrassed for things such as uneven tire pressure. I don't think I'd heard the term prior to this meeting.

Rob

New crap they came out with. different score system. get enough points and for get driving.

http://www.csa2010.com/

New crap they came out with. different score system. get enough points and for get driving.

http://www.csa2010.com/

Sounds like it was taken from the UCMJ. They are going to get you coming or going.

Simply another revenue generating venue purveyed under the auspice of "safety". Sorta like a speeding ticket for 5mph over the limit on an interstate.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

They tell you it is a system developed to make the driver him self enforce the

dot regulations plus take carry of the truck more. All laws broken or all mechanical problems found with the equipment is now marked up against the drivers record thru a point system. I have been told hgow it works but did not pay much attension to it.It is realy made to bring in more money i think but they say the industry will regulate its self after awhile. But sounds like it will pull some drivers off the road to me. The way i understand those points stay with the driver for ever.Say there is a shortage of driver, well not realy cause the boarder crossing is about ready to open up any way so the master has nothen to worry about.

glenn akers

They tell you it is a system developed to make the driver him self enforce the

dot regulations plus take carry of the truck more. All laws broken or all mechanical problems found with the equipment is now marked up against the drivers record thru a point system. I have been told hgow it works but did not pay much attension to it.It is realy made to bring in more money i think but they say the industry will regulate its self after awhile. But sounds like it will pull some drivers off the road to me. The way i understand those points stay with the driver for ever.Say there is a shortage of driver, well not realy cause the boarder crossing is about ready to open up any way so the master has nothen to worry about.

They stay with the driver for 3 years and are mulitplied by 3,then the second year by 2 then on the 3rd year it drops to base point or points. they stay with the company for 2 years

They stay with the driver for 3 years and are mulitplied by 3,then the second year by 2 then on the 3rd year it drops to base point or points. they stay with the company for 2 years

Slpwlker, did you survive the texas heat with no A/C on your trip? I had your number but was super tied up finishing a pond, and sweating like a nasty woman in church. It doesnt even cool off much here at night. randyp

Yeah the first night when we came into Tx was rough. tryingto sleep in the truck. Got unloaded and headed to Ingleside,Tx and got a room in Bay city. Loaded and dropped the trailer in Ingleside and bobtailed to Corpus, Ran to Houston the next morning and back down to Ingleside and reloaded. Found another room in Ingleside this time and that A/C was cold enough to hang swinging meat. I swear it was part Thermo king.had it turned down to low and halfway warm and still froze. Wa holed up in a Super 8 in Baytown this weekend and moved over to the Loves hooked up to idleaire. We are surviving to say the least during the day. Been tryingto shut the truck down for periods of time when loading or unloading to get the heat down. Was great in Ingleside had about a 20 mph sea breeze blowing from our back with the doors open it blew right thru and made it liveable.Should be home this week and get it all fixed. We shall return thru there again.

The Mack is a 1963 B75, ENDT 673 turned up to 260 hp, 15 speed triplex, Mack camelback with 4.54 gears, trailer is a 1972 Hyster, ex- Pennsylvania oil patch - (rode hard and put away hot many times), it is just 8' wide.

The Caterpillar is a ca. 1928 Model Sixty with a LaPlant- Choate hydraulic blade (same age as the crawler). Weighs about 27,500 and is just 9'6" wide.

I always wished for a B 75. I was working for mack dealer here when they were still in production. I could look at them all day.I got to drive one with a real driver for about three days hauling rocks and it had a triplex.That trans was so forgiving after you understood what it was.

glenn akers

The Mack is a 1963 B75, ENDT 673 turned up to 260 hp, 15 speed triplex, Mack camelback with 4.54 gears, trailer is a 1972 Hyster, ex- Pennsylvania oil patch - (rode hard and put away hot many times), it is just 8' wide.

The Caterpillar is a ca. 1928 Model Sixty with a LaPlant- Choate hydraulic blade (same age as the crawler). Weighs about 27,500 and is just 9'6" wide.

would you be the gent that was up here at alexander steam show and knows pete ochal.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.