While we're on the subject of advertisements, does anyone remember one from the 1990's touting the fuel sipping characteristics of the Mack engines that claimed "fuel mileage in the nines"? I distinctly remember reading the ad, but don't recall what was actually depicted in it.

The fuel sipping ad that I remember was the bulldog with a wine glass filled with diesel fuel.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Heres the scan. It not great , the ad is in plastic so it wouldnt stay flat against our scanner. Its nice and clear and looks new in person.

Anyone else got the other ads? Im curious to see them , Jay

Jay, i have the one with the AC-Model on it,but its hanging on the wall in my "office" i prolly have 50-60 other old Mack ads,and a few with some "other" classic trucks.............Mark

post-5836-0-07308800-1309562941_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-70869800-1309562977_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-84510900-1309563088_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I don't want to hear nothin more about no damned "C" model Mack cause I'll have to go get me one. Don't quite know how I'd saddle the pain that would cause however cause "Momma" just got daughter a new/old cast iron skillet and said she couldn't wait to "try it out".

This is another of those subjects that "can't be good".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't want to hear nothin more about no damned "C" model Mack cause I'll have to go get me one. Don't quite know how I'd saddle the pain that would cause however cause "Momma" just got daughter a new/old cast iron skillet and said she couldn't wait to "try it out".

Rob

is that frying pan,for cooking,or smackin you ,and your freinds??curious bob.come on?

is that frying pan,for cooking,or smackin you ,and your freinds??curious bob.come on?

When "Momma" hits me with the frying pan, my empty skull rings like the liberty bell.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob

Pretty sure it's still there.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Do the girls come with the trucks? The trucks are probably cheaper to maintain than the girls. :rolleyes:

It's not the acquistion costs but the contract exit expenditures to deal with that are the greatest setback.

Rob

looking back in time you can see that the C model was an orphan child. L cab, B fenders, B radiator shutters, B chasis& drivetrain. The only unique thing

was the butterfly hood. This was Macks first attempt to compete with the white 9000 with the Acar cabs. It really had a short life kind of like the G model.

Rob you definately need one of these. Just wear a football helmet for the frying pan. The way I'd do it is tell Mama that you are going out to pick up a C model and that she should have some pan fried steaks ready when you get back. :rolleyes:

I also liked the ad campaign Mack ran not too long ago, "Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog" a classic!............Mark

LOL that quote made me chuckle... I hope you dont mind me stealing it from you and putting it in my signature? Well Thanks Mark!! :banana:

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

looking back in time you can see that the C model was an orphan child. L cab, B fenders, B radiator shutters, B chasis& drivetrain. The only unique thing

was the butterfly hood. This was Macks first attempt to compete with the white 9000 with the Acar cabs. It really had a short life kind of like the G model.

Rob you definately need one of these. Just wear a football helmet for the frying pan. The way I'd do it is tell Mama that you are going out to pick up a C model and that she should have some pan fried steaks ready when you get back. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid it would be my "meat" in the pan.

Rob

LOL that quote made me chuckle... I hope you dont mind me stealing it from you and putting it in my signature? Well Thanks Mark!! :banana:

Tom

Not at all! glad you liked it! my wife came up with mine,she says i'm one of the most computer illiterate people she's ever met,but i think i'm doing much better,i can type almost 60 words an hour now!!!.........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Not at all! glad you liked it! my wife came up with mine,she says i'm one of the most computer illiterate people she's ever met,but i think i'm doing much better,i can type almost 60 words an hour now!!!.........Mark

Just like me except I'm getting better at reading between the typos now.

Rob