Found this picture of a C-model a few days ago,saw it has a Jersey plate,just wondered if anyone on here recognized it,or knows anything about it?.........Mark

Well, to my undiscerning eye, I'd say it's from Jersey.

Does that count?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I drove one of those a few years back about the same length but a tandem. Geez, that was a rough riding SOB without any weight on the platter. The fixed seat did it no justice neither.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I just wondered,because i have stumbled across a contruction company near here,with quite a few classic Macks,(including a C-model) visible from the highway,have'nt been able to find anyone who knows anything about the place,or who owns the property.6-7 B-models,3-4 R-models,at least 1 C-model and some other make trucks,various contruction equipt. Still trying to track down the owner of the place,dont really want to get my ass shot while "poking around"!!!LOL!............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Id love to own one of those. i think they are some sweet looking trucks. If you find out any information or grab any pics make sure you share them with us! LOL :thumb:

Tom

Hey Tom,hows it goin? thats the reason i posted the pic,i found one down here (C-model) and some other B,R -Models,just cant find out who owns the property it sits on,i'd sure like to get in there and take some pictures....................Mark

Truck is lettered for Hillcrest Paving & Excavating out of Maplewood, NJ. They are still in business today, operating out of Union, NJ. I have never seen this truck, but they run a small fleet of nice silver and black Macks. They keep their stuff pretty clean.

Nice find,

John

Thanks John,always nice for me to find something with a "Jersey connection"! LOL!............Mark

Bobby Gilbreath, (bobgil on the board) has a 63 C609 he is working with money permitting. It runs really well with a END-711 engine. Last I seen the truck he had retrofitted the brakes to modern style "Q" series from and "R" model, and built up a nice pintle hitch and plate. I don't think he had the driveshaft made at that time because the wheelbase was altered.

Rob

Bobby Gilbreath, (bobgil on the board) has a 63 C609 he is working with money permitting. It runs really well with a END-711 engine. Last I seen the truck he had retrofitted the brakes to modern style "Q" series from and "R" model, and built up a nice pintle hitch and plate. I don't think he had the driveshaft made at that time because the wheelbase was altered.

Rob

Hey Tom,hows it goin? thats the reason i posted the pic,i found one down here (C-model) and some other B,R -Models,just cant find out who owns the property it sits on,i'd sure like to get in there and take some pictures....................Mark

He's got B models too?! Dang your a lucky son of a gun to find a place like that! Id be over there every single day looking for someone to talk to LOL! Good luck Mark!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Kinda looks like a Kenworth T600 with B model fenders and cab. What's old is new again.

That it does! Mack ran an advertizment some years ago that said,"you want a truck with a sloped hood? we had one in 1915" (pictured an AC Model) "You want a truck with rounded corners?" we had one in 1955" (pictured a B-model) "you want a truck with an integral sleeper?" we built one in 1933 (pictured a BM Model).......Mark

That it does! Mack ran an advertizment some years ago that said,"you want a truck with a sloped hood? we had one in 1915" (pictured an AC Model) "You want a truck with rounded corners?" we had one in 1955" (pictured a B-model) "you want a truck with an integral sleeper?" we built one in 1933 (pictured a BM Model).......Mark

I have the ad with the B model. I bought it at the ATHS convention a year or two ago from a guy selling vintage truck ads. I thought that was a "been there done that" ad from Mack

I have the ad with the B model. I bought it at the ATHS convention a year or two ago from a guy selling vintage truck ads. I thought that was a "been there done that" ad from Mack

Hey Jay,any chance you can post a copy that ad? its one of the few i dont have LOL!.................Mark

While we're on the subject of advertisements, does anyone remember one from the 1990's touting the fuel sipping characteristics of the Mack engines that claimed "fuel mileage in the nines"? I distinctly remember reading the ad, but don't recall what was actually depicted in it.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

While we're on the subject of advertisements, does anyone remember one from the 1990's touting the fuel sipping characteristics of the Mack engines that claimed "fuel mileage in the nines"? I distinctly remember reading the ad, but don't recall what was actually depicted in it.

I'm thinking that may have been for the "Mid-liner" series of trucks. I bought two of them and average fuel economy with two cars on the deck was a bit over 8.5mpg. Empty and running the speed limit could get almost 11mpg. These two weighed just shy of 20,000 empty.

Couldn't beat my IH with a 9.0ltr V8. I ran that truck myself starting out and consistently averaged 17.8mpg with a 19' steel "No-Mar" bed and wheel lift when empty. This dropped right to 9.5mpg with two cars loaded. Absolute trouble free this truck was too.

Rob

Found this picture of a C-model a few days ago,saw it has a Jersey plate,just wondered if anyone on here recognized it,or knows anything about it?.........Mark

why dont you just ask the guy driving it?.lol..bob

Kinda looks like a Kenworth T600 with B model fenders and cab. What's old is new again.

yeah,,hadnt thought of that,they do look like t600s,,my company has alott of those t,s....law transportation ran a bunch of those macks,strait jobs doing city delivery,s in my town in the 60,s,,,i think thier still in business...boston area...bob :thumb: