Gunsmoke

vision386

Not really truck related,but i thought it was sad we lost an american icon in James Arness AKA Matt Dillon,spent many a saturday night watching Gunsmoke with my grandad. He loved this show! not many of the old time tv cowboys left anymore,which (in my opinion) is a real shame,look at the crap thats on tv now! no wonder kids don't have anyone to look up to! Matt always did the right thing,only shot the guy if he had it coming! i miss these days!...........Mark

post-5836-0-04260900-1307194939_thumb.gi

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Not really truck related,but i thought it was sad we lost an american icon in James Arness AKA Matt Dillon,spent many a saturday night watching Gunsmoke with my grandad. He loved this show! not many of the old time tv cowboys left anymore,which (in my opinion) is a real shame,look at the crap thats on tv now! no wonder kids don't have anyone to look up to! Matt always did the right thing,only shot the guy if he had it coming! i miss these days!...........Mark

I didn't know that-I still watch Gunsmoke and Bonanza reruns.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

ya,,,they just started reruns,here in reno,lately.....,rawhide gunsmoke,bonanza rifleman,glad to have them back,brings me back to a happy time,when life was good,and no problems,,i guess he was just about the last one,,but i was reading an aticle about john anderson,(western star) still alive,was supprized..have a splendid weekend guys.....bob

ya,,,they just started reruns,here in reno,lately.....,rawhide gunsmoke,bonanza rifleman,glad to have them back,brings me back to a happy time,when life was good,and no problems,,i guess he was just about the last one,,but i was reading an aticle about john anderson,(western star) still alive,was supprized..have a splendid weekend guys.....bob

Oh yeah,The Rifleman, Lucas McCain- forgot about that,it's a good one-liked it when I was a kid and still like it! I used to like "Palidin-Have Gun Will Travel" too,wish they'd rerun that.

Oh yeah,The Rifleman, Lucas McCain- forgot about that,it's a good one-liked it when I was a kid and still like it! I used to like "Palidin-Have Gun Will Travel" too,wish they'd rerun that.

ya got lucky,they just started 2 new channels,regular TV they both have a pretty good line up...bob

I liked all the westerns when i was a kid,still do today,but i think Steve Mcqueen was a REAL badass in "Wanted Dead or Alive" with that little sawed-off winchester,i found the whole series on DVD at wally-world,along with "Rat Patrol" always liked that one too!............Mark

post-5836-0-56155300-1307234408_thumb.jp

I liked all the westerns when i was a kid,still do today,but i think Steve Mcqueen was a REAL badass in "Wanted Dead or Alive" with that little sawed-off winchester,i found the whole series on DVD at wally-world,along with "Rat Patrol" always liked that one too!............Mark

Chuck Norris would kick his ass without a weapon

Walker-Texas Ranger #1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Yup. Chuck Norris is so bad even his shadow is scared of getting his ass kicked.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Does anyone remember Dennis Weaver as Chester on Gunsmoke?

mike

yup,i do,and joan blondell,as miss kitty,actually thier running those here in reno,,it was the original gunsmoke,started off as a show called matt dillen in 1955,dont know when it went to gunsmoke...(friggen cool baby)actually i dont remember it being called that,,,but hardly anyone remembers chester

Nobody, but nobody, is badder that Paladin! I member having a genuine set of paladin play pistols i got for christmas,,,he was badass,,,,randyp

well if this makes any sence,i remember it,but dont remember anything about it

THE THING FROM OUTER SPACE !! TO EVERYONE WHO COULD HEAR ME TONIGHT, THE SKY! KEEP WATCHING THE SKY!! KEEP WATCHING THE SKY!! James Arness the plant from outer space, one of the best, if not the best thriller ever made back in the 50's

now that i think of it,i thought paladin was the charactor on have gun will travel.lol bob

He was. He was a hired gun. Dressed in fine clothes,sipped the fine wine,stayed in the fine hotel in San Francisco. His card read "have gun will travel-wire Paladin,San Francisco". But when someone hired him he dressed in all black and was bad-ass!

THE THING FROM OUTER SPACE !! TO EVERYONE WHO COULD HEAR ME TONIGHT, THE SKY! KEEP WATCHING THE SKY!! KEEP WATCHING THE SKY!! James Arness the plant from outer space, one of the best, if not the best thriller ever made back in the 50's

That was a good one! that thing was pretty creepy looking,i remember it scared the piss outta my brother when he was a kid! he was in another classic sci-fi movie,dont remember what it was called,but it was all about GIANT ants that ended up in the sewer system in Los Angeles....................Mark

Does anyone remember Dennis Weaver as Chester on Gunsmoke?

mike

Yup sure do,he was (i think) the first deputy Matt had,LONG before Festus came along,but i liked festus myself! LOL!...............Mark

That was a good one! that thing was pretty creepy looking,i remember it scared the piss outta my brother when he was a kid! he was in another classic sci-fi movie,dont remember what it was called,but it was all about GIANT ants that ended up in the sewer system in Los Angeles....................Mark

Them!! that also had Fes Parker aka Davie Crocket also James Whitmore that was another al time great sy-fi from the 50's

Them!! that also had Fes Parker aka Davie Crocket also James Whitmore that was another al time great sy-fi from the 50's

Thats the one! i remember James Whitmore driving a 53" or 54" Ford cop-car with the wide whites!

He was. He was a hired gun. Dressed in fine clothes,sipped the fine wine,stayed in the fine hotel in San Francisco. His card read "have gun will travel-wire Paladin,San Francisco". But when someone hired him he dressed in all black and was bad-ass!

ok,gotcha,,,you know its hard to remember,,,havent seen it since around 1965,so im supprized i remembered that much,,,just never seen any reruns,anywhere,,,thanks bill,,and (good morning fellars)