Fuggly?

rhasler

[it`s ugly and got european springs.

Leon, I've never had the chance to see one in person but I think the Mack SR70/80 planetary differentials built by Renault used a suspension that was pretty similar to the volvo T ride suspension this truck has. Any chance you've seen any of the Renault planetary differentials over there?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Let me put it this way. I'd rather have a Mack of course, but I'd take it before I'd take a Kenworth or Peterbilt.

Or, if it were between an '85 R-Model, or a '12 VHD, I'd take the VHD. Ooops...did I say that out loud... :pat:

Overall, its not a bad looking truck IMO. I like the axle forward, like the one pictured, much better than the axle back.

Well, um, er, this is kinda hard to say, um, er, I think i kinda like it,,,sorry,,,its got a good stance anyway,,,randyp

FOR SHAME!..........i'm teeeellllliiiinnnnn!!!!!!

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

FOR SHAME!..........i'm teeeellllliiiinnnnn!!!!!!

Hey Mark,

I just love when some of the Volvo guys tell us how Volvo SAVED Macks ass!! Don't ya think it's the other way around?? I kinda ,sorta think Macks savin Volvos ass!! LOLOLOL

BULLHUSK

Hey Mark,

I just love when some of the Volvo guys tell us how Volvo SAVED Macks ass!! Don't ya think it's the other way around?? I kinda ,sorta think Macks savin Volvos ass!! LOLOLOL

BULLHUSK

The way I've heard it from several places, one of the main reasons volvo bought Renault was to gain control of the Mack dealer network, which had a far superior presence in North America.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Hey Mark,

BULLHUSK

Yeah Ernie,i agree! i know theres always gonna be "pete"guys,KW guys,Volvo guys whatever,but i still dont think volvo is doin anything FOR Mack! but then dumbass me i'm a "Mack Guy" lol!...............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

To be honest... I dont like the looks of the Volvo... suprise!

That said I dont really dont like the looks of the new mack models. I just cant seam to get into the sloped hood look and bubble style. there is not much exterior parts that says "im a truck". I know The interior is nice engines seam to be good but the exterior styling is crap. Even the rear cab wall looks like that volvo,it has no style. If I was looking to get into over the road and wanted a truck that still had some style to it I would be looking at KW.even their aero trucks still have that truckly look to them. Shoot me if you want but there are not that many truck MFG left that consider putting classic style into their new models. that said I think Pete is a bandwagon truck, just like most of your Sunday Harley riders. its cool because everyone wants one. but they atleast they are keeping the classic looks around.

ok... flame on!

To be honest... I dont like the looks of the Volvo... suprise!

That said I dont really dont like the looks of the new mack models. I just cant seam to get into the sloped hood look and bubble style. there is not much exterior parts that says "im a truck". I know The interior is nice engines seam to be good but the exterior styling is crap. Even the rear cab wall looks like that volvo,it has no style. If I was looking to get into over the road and wanted a truck that still had some style to it I would be looking at KW.even their aero trucks still have that truckly look to them. Shoot me if you want but there are not that many truck MFG left that consider putting classic style into their new models. that said I think Pete is a bandwagon truck, just like most of your Sunday Harley riders. its cool because everyone wants one. but they atleast they are keeping the classic looks around.

ok... flame on!

Trent, I'd agree with ya. I'd also add the KW W's. Why can't Mack see the success of these companies and the auto companies with their retro cars and bring back a version of the Superliner?

Leon, I've never had the chance to see one in person but I think the Mack SR70/80 planetary differentials built by Renault used a suspension that was pretty similar to the volvo T ride suspension this truck has. Any chance you've seen any of the Renault planetary differentials over there?

i will try to take some photo`s of the axles and springs of a army towtruck in our shop.

it has planetairy axles.

the most trucks we sell have a single wheel steerable tag axle and airride.

Leon.

If you set a duplicate on it backwards and upside down, will it all go away? You know, the canceling effect?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think id rather have an old frieghtliner than that new volvo, that is if it were my only 2 choices. but thats just my opinion n im just a dumb truck driver as ive been told.

no such thing,babba,your a truckologest.come on? now thiers a brainstorm.retro superliner,,,but lets be practical,and make it value liner,that way they sell more...hehe...bob

• 5 months later...

Should load it up with as many upper management and design engineers as they could get in it, and do as that Albert E. fellow suggested. Drive it around a tree at 185.999 miles per second, and see what happens. Making sure that the one that designed and located the power window, door lock console on the Granite was driving.

Very clever! maybe volvos new motto????.......................Mark

Volvo's got to pay royalties to the White House for the change you can can't count on.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE