67 Mack R609T

post-8580-0-41891700-1305591399_thumb.jphello all, i am new to this website and a first time mack owner. I have had previous dealings with macks but not of my own. I just purchased a 67 mack R609, the title reads # R609T6262, it has an original looking R600 emblem on the side of cab but i have gathered it is a R609T model. Im not sure what is different with the R609T. The dealer tells me that the original motor is a END707, from what i have found it sounds like that is a gas motor but it is a diesel and the #6262 is in the side of block. Im having trouble finding oil filters for it. It has a five and three tri-plex in it and is a single axle dump truck. The motor appears to be original but im not for sure. i will attach a few photos of the motor. Any help with info on what it is and possibly how much power it has would b appreciated. thank you

post-8580-0-61267200-1305591420_thumb.jp

post-8580-0-84057100-1305591466_thumb.jp

i think its a 250 hp,,but im not sure it should be a end673 for that year.. its cubic inches,,u need to buy a motor manual,,it will give you all the specs,and show you were the id numbers are..also if your having trouble finding those sock oil filters,mack sells a conversion kit for spin ons.welcome aboard,and lotsa luck with it..bob

Built 4.24.67. END707 engine, FA534 front axle, TRT722 transmission, CRD117 4.88 ratio rear end, 8 leaf rear spring suspension when it left the factory.

Find the 11GB number on the engine and I'll see if I can find out what engine you have in it now.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Built 4.24.67. END707 engine, FA534 front axle, TRT722 transmission, CRD117 4.88 ratio rear end, 8 leaf rear spring suspension when it left the factory.

Find the 11GB number on the engine and I'll see if I can find out what engine you have in it now.

I apreciate all the info, i will have to check out the motor numbers in a few weeks when i get back from work. Is there any books still available that a person can get the vin# info and other specs from? Thanks you for the help thus far, and thank you to the others who have posted thoughts and info.

Man, that engine does look like a END 673P because the intake runners look the same, the same oiling system with the duplex clairifier with three hoses mounted high. If the Vin# Plate is on the right passenger door it should have the number you need. Then it could be traced for you by calling the Mack Museum.

Nice looking Truck

mike

The emblems on the side were always just the basic model number(like yours 600), then the last digits denoted engine/chassis style( "09T"). "T" is single axle tractor, if it was "ST", it would be a tandem. The "6262" is the consecutive serial number. Since it's on the block, it's likely the original motor.

Have to agree with mike, the split intake makes it look like a 673P(like mine too), but maybe the 711/707 came with that intake also? It's apparent it's a non turbo motor, so likely 200 hp(as shown in my Mack book). If you look closely down at the front passenger side of motor, the casting by the front of the accessory drive(in front of injection pump), you'll see the motor number stamped across the top. Just walk to the front of the tire and look and you should see it easy being a tilt front end.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

i thought the t was turbo,,got that rite from a mack employee like 20 years ago,,this truck has got me crazy now,,,ive got manuals i bought in 82,,but thier buried...i was hoping someone else could fill him in,but if not, i could go dig them out..bob

i thought the t was turbo,,got that rite from a mack employee like 20 years ago,,this truck has got me crazy now,,,ive got manuals i bought in 82,,but thier buried...i was hoping someone else could fill him in,but if not, i could go dig them out..bob

Tis' as Freighttrain has said. T in the chassis is for tractor. T in the engine ID is turbo.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

LOOKS LIKE A NICE LITTLE TRUCK. SAY IT LISTED ON E-BAY BOUT A WEEK OR SO AGO.

GG2

I should have the engine number later tonight after my brother gets home to look at it for me. The truck seems to b pretty decent i drove it about 260 miles from west milwaukee back to my house with no problems on saturday, then around town a little on sunday and moved 3 loads of grael across my property with it with no problems. Im pretty happy with it so far, beats the heck outta the rusted out 80s international or gmc that i was lookn at for about the same price.

but now im still confused,cause mine says t,an its a 3 axle dump truck,mack bogies,ahhhhhh,,,who knows....well figure it out...bob

Someone stuck a set of tandems under it sometime in it's life. Worse things have been done!

My truck is titled a '59(door tag), though the frame is serial numbered somewhere around 1962-ish. So, if the split manifold came out around then, that is why mine has it.

The picture in my Mack off highway repair book showed the 707/711 with a single intake and spin on filters. Revision in back states 10/79 for book TS442.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

well,all that aside,i didnt know,they were still using no turbo engines in 67..ive owned 5 macks,and did a few inframes,, but i dont claim to be an expert,it was all in conversation..also im out of practice ive been driving cummins trucks the past 20 years.hehe,thanks for the update...from 66 to 94 when i bought it,i suppose they could have done alotta changes,i was only 10 when it was new,and too far away to notice,,,bob

In my MOTOR'S Truck Manual it shows that the 673 & 711 were a split head engine, so i'm to believe that the two engines could interchange parts if need be. He will have to get the numbers off the engine to know for sure.

mike

My brother read the numbers off the block to me last night but i didnt have any way to write them down, as i was in the truck stop sandwich store. but the manufacture date was july or august of 66. i will have a pic of them tonight, and a pic of the numbers off the rear of block