New Cat Truck?

Whats up with that???,

CAT putting there name on an International Cab?? What are the guys at Freightliner thinking?? Let the Germans buy the Brockway name an build a truck with a R cab an a new style hood like a Superliner or 6&700 hood using there new 13,14,15or16 liter motor!! What truck do you think truckers would buy??

BULLHUSK PS I know Volvo prob. still owns the Brock. name; But who would want a Volvo Motor in there Brockway??

If you know Cat. Cat is always looking to buy other companys out and do joint ventures with other comnpanys to try to corner the market. This is nothing new with Cat. As far as the looks of this new Cat Truck I dint like it one bit. It looks to be a IH cab with a made up Cat nose on it. This is a Joint venture with IH. Oh dont worry there are poeple out there that would buy anything. You aint see nothing yet so stayed tuned!

Terry

I really thought there would be more buzz in the market place about this new product, but I really haven't heard or seen anyone putting their arms around this thing. I wonder how many orders Cat actually has?

But I have to keep reminding myself there is an old generation fading into the background, and a new generation comming to age and to power.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

If you know Cat. Cat is always looking to buy other companys out and do joint ventures with other comnpanys to try to corner the market. This is nothing new with Cat. As far as the looks of this new Cat Truck I dint like it one bit. It looks to be a IH cab with a made up Cat nose on it. This is a Joint venture with IH. Oh dont worry there are poeple out there that would buy anything. You aint see nothing yet so stayed tuned!

Terry

Sorry to say I'm one of them!! In 06 I bought 4 F-liner Classic's with the 475 Cat A-Cert Motor,now I have always been A Detroit guy even when the 71's an the 92's were out there!! So the Cat guy gets wind from the sales guy at F-Liner about the 4 units, so he comes down takes about 2,000 bucks off of each tractor an gives me every reason why I should not buy a motor with a EGR set up(how long will a motor last that eats there own S_ _T) But what he forgot to tell me is I was only gona get 3 mi to a gal of diesel!!!

Ernie

Sorry to say I'm one of them!! In 06 I bought 4 F-liner Classic's with the 475 Cat A-Cert Motor,now I have always been A Detroit guy even when the 71's an the 92's were out there!! So the Cat guy gets wind from the sales guy at F-Liner about the 4 units, so he comes down takes about 2,000 bucks off of each tractor an gives me every reason why I should not buy a motor with a EGR set up(how long will a motor last that eats there own S_ _T) But what he forgot to tell me is I was only gona get 3 mi to a gal of diesel!!!

Ernie

Yup that is a terribly important statment we have several MP10 running now and there are gains in fuel milage to be had over the ISX egr engine BUT did we take into acount the cost of the urea?The Mp 10 is geting aprox 5.3 mpg doing the same job as the isx at 3.6 mpg But are we adding in the cost of the additive That I don't know!

Lets get the real world Facts out there people!

Yup that is a terribly important statment we have several MP10 running now and there are gains in fuel milage to be had over the ISX egr engine BUT did we take into acount the cost of the urea?The Mp 10 is geting aprox 5.3 mpg doing the same job as the isx at 3.6 mpg But are we adding in the cost of the additive That I don't know!

Lets get the real world Facts out there people!

I'm running the 3406E in this and so far been knocking out 4.5 to 5. I pulled a flat for a bit and with 100% idle was knocking out 5.98 I cant complain about this at all. considering pulling my lowboy I am 57k empty

I'm running the 3406E in this and so far been knocking out 4.5 to 5. I pulled a flat for a bit and with 100% idle was knocking out 5.98 I cant complain about this at all. considering pulling my lowboy I am 57k empty

Thems good numbers ! the point is these sales people don't quote real world facts all the time ,put the two engines side by side do the same job in the case i state low bed heavy haul and compare apples to apples.IF a guy has the work Most of truck payment can be made with the fuel savings in some cases ,BUT we have to add in all the variables!

Thems good numbers ! the point is these sales people don't quote real world facts all the time ,put the two engines side by side do the same job in the case i state low bed heavy haul and compare apples to apples.IF a guy has the work Most of truck payment can be made with the fuel savings in some cases ,BUT we have to add in all the variables!

Oh yeah They'll lie thru there teeth to make a sale.

the acert cat is aegr motor it is all done under the valve covers with acuators

I was never impressed when I saw them. When I bought this I was looking for pre Egr or Cummins. Heard to many horror stories

Edited by slpwlker

The saleman will tell you anything good about the product he wants you to buy that is why you have to ask all the right questions and investigate and find out all the bad things about the product he wants you to buy. You have to be one step ahead of the saleman. I also feel for you guys when you said the salesmen lies thru there teeth but there are ways to get around that. I know what I just said it easier said then done but all you have to do is try. You always have to secound guess your saleman and investigate what he tells you before you buy.

Terry E Davis

The saleman will tell you anything good about the product he wants you to buy that is why you have to ask all the right questions and investigate and find out all the bad things about the product he wants you to buy. You have to be one step ahead of the saleman. I also feel for you guys when you said the salesmen lies thru there teeth but there are ways to get around that. I know what I just said it easier said then done but all you have to do is try. You always have to secound guess your saleman and investigate what he tells you before you buy.

Terry E Davis

That is true. I usually investigate real thorough before I buy anything. Was told when we bought this from Coopersburgh Kw it had had an inframe there. The company we hired to bring it home barely made it. Got it to the shop and had to readjust the valve train as it was never adjusted right. 3 years later this past Jan we just did an inframe. Little things that end up major.

I like the idea of CAT giving the truck market a try. We have been loosing brands so this is a welcomed addition. I would love to see one setup with a big C15 pulling a low-boy with a big piece of CAT machinery on the back, all painted yellow.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

That is true. I usually investigate real thorough before I buy anything. Was told when we bought this from Coopersburgh Kw it had had an inframe there. The company we hired to bring it home barely made it. Got it to the shop and had to readjust the valve train as it was never adjusted right. 3 years later this past Jan we just did an inframe. Little things that end up major.

Funny that you say you bought a truck from Coopersburgh KW. Back is 1994 we almost bought a new and a used truck from Libetry Kenworth in Chester Pa. intill we did some resarch and found out they also owned Coopersburgh kw and Bernie Enterprises truck sales so I did some investigating on the used truck and decided not to buy both the new and used trucks from them. Most of there trucks they sell used were recustructed wrecked and totaled trucks that they piece back togather and sell. That were the company Bernie Enterprses truck sales come in. They finally closed the chester pa dealership and move it to a new location in Swedesboro NJ and now called Liberty kenworth of South Jersey. The chester pa dealership was a very hard loctation to get a big rig in and it was a very old biulding with no room. So if your looking to lease a biulding in chester pa area there biulding is for lease at 2,500 a month! We finally bought two trucks from The KW dealership in Dunmore which we made out very good thru them. We they told you they did an inframe did you ask to see paperwork on the work they did ? Also did you call them and tell them you had problems and did they give you the run around? That was another reason why we did not buy from Liberty/Coopersburgh KW becuase when we did reserach we found out some horror storys about them. We leaen from other poeple mistakes:)lol That what my grandfather tells me all the time. Sorry to hear you had the problem with the truck you bought from Coopersburgh KW.

Terry E Davis

Funny that you say you bought a truck from Coopersburgh KW. Back is 1994 we almost bought a new and a used truck from Libetry Kenworth in Chester Pa. intill we did some resarch and found out they also owned Coopersburgh kw and Bernie Enterprises truck sales so I did some investigating on the used truck and decided not to buy both the new and used trucks from them. Most of there trucks they sell used were recustructed wrecked and totaled trucks that they piece back togather and sell. That were the company Bernie Enterprses truck sales come in. They finally closed the chester pa dealership and move it to a new location in Swedesboro NJ and now called Liberty kenworth of South Jersey. The chester pa dealership was a very hard loctation to get a big rig in and it was a very old biulding with no room. So if your looking to lease a biulding in chester pa area there biulding is for lease at 2,500 a month! We finally bought two trucks from The KW dealership in Dunmore which we made out very good thru them. We they told you they did an inframe did you ask to see paperwork on the work they did ? Also did you call them and tell them you had problems and did they give you the run around? That was another reason why we did not buy from Liberty/Coopersburgh KW becuase when we did reserach we found out some horror storys about them. We leaen from other poeple mistakes:)lol That what my grandfather tells me all the time. Sorry to hear you had the problem with the truck you bought from Coopersburgh KW.

Terry E Davis

They where not my first choice. Nobody back home in South Fl would even give me the time of day. IT was a joke. International sat down and we spec'd out a truck. Never to be heard from again. Volvo thought I lost my mind when I told them the wb I wanted and the whole nine yards. South Fl Mack. Wouldn't even come out to talk.Said there is only one sleeper take it or leave it. The list goes on. I found mine in the Truck trader. Was everything I wanted with a few little exceptions. whoever spec'd out the truck built an animal. but put a 13k steer in it. which has been replaced and the passenger side steer box going on in a few weeks to complete the transformation. This was the only one that fit into what I was looking for for heavy haul otr. I could of done like my old boss and went out got a light truck and put an axle on it. I'd of been a hell of a lot lighter. My dad flew up looked at it. We do have paper work but it came with no warranty. All in all I've been happy with the truck. It goes where I want,Pulls, and rides good. I originally got this to go into Mines. I was taking the shaker I was driving into a ton of mines and it was taking a beating. Bought this and haven't been in one mine. Go figure. Would I buy from them again Idk but I've dealt with them. I am seriously thinking of Mack when I buy another but want to see what other bugs the Titan has. Time will tell. But I can say this I will not buy anything from south fl.

I've read that the cab is cramped, too high, has poor visibility, and that the interior is similar to a cheapened Kenworth. I also read it won't be available as an axle forward until 2012-2013.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Engines are the same as what International uses and they even borrowed them mostly from DAF in europe. I mean exactly the same only painted yellow- same emissions strategy that uses mega EGR and has there market share dropping like a stone. Who wants an engine that will be replaced by something else in year when International and the engine in the CAT trucks credits run out? I saw the truck and it looked cheap and thrown together so i bet the thing is behind schedule and will be available late. The way the suspension and axle are set up is a guaranteed crappy ride and wait until you tap into somethign with a radiator right up against the bumper. and no axle forward too. IMHO CAT is making a mockery of the truck industry and must think drivers are dumb. stick to construction machines and engines CAT.

Spread the word to anyone listening and make sure the DOG eats this CAT!

the Paccar 12.9L MX engine is a DAF engine developed and build in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

in europe with DEF 410 460 510hp.

International do not use the DAF but MAN engine (Germany).

11 and 13L in europe up to 540hp with DEF.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two problems to start with.The IH dash can't take the shock of road use let alone off road use.Defroster vents and dash are plastic and crack.Second,take a look at the air lines coming out of air tanks.They are in front of 1/4 fenders.I can see chunks of mud being thrown by tires onto them.Just a start.Mack has nothing to fear.