New Mack Model Coming Soon.

Would seem like the Mack mayflower cab will be sticking around for while. Doesn't seem like they would go to the trouble of mating sleepers to the granite and maybee titan if the cab was going to be volvoized. Can't wait to see the new Superliner comming out April

first(hint hint). Surely Grrrrrhd knows something about it. :thumb:

Can't wait to see the new Superliner comming out April

first(hint hint). Surely Grrrrrhd knows something about it. :thumb:

I've got the PR around here somewhere, but it's embargoed until April 1st so no point in digging it out. Even with the Titan in the lineup, there's clearly a hole in the Mack lineup for a premium axle forward truck. back to serious bidness- as for the "medium heavy" Granite, not sure if it's a good idea- seems like a cheapening of the brand to get some "low bid" orders. That's what Volvo is for, but I suspect the Swedes see things differently.

The Granite sleeper option is way overdue- the oilfield and ag markets are booming, and they want an off road capable truck with a sleeper option. The oilfield drivers spend a lot of time out in the middle of nowhere many miles from any motels, and often the motels will be full for months and years to come. In the ag sector, a lot of farmers and ag haulers want a truck like the Granite with enough beef to survive the occasional trip into the fields. But they also need a sleeper for the occasional long trip or when they get stuck waiting at the elevator or in a blizzard.

Now could we please have the Titan sleeper? I'm on the border with South Dakota, a state 400 miles across with gross weight only limited by bridge formula. 150,000 pound doubles combinations are common there, and 13 liters and 505 horses aren't going to cut it at that weight. Everybody else is offering 15-16 liter engines and 550-600 horses with a whole selection of sleepers and other options... When is Mack going to match them and make the Titan competitive?

Mack MHD with Cummins.

post-334-0-64406900-1301055485_thumb.jpg

post-334-0-45885000-1301055495_thumb.jpg

It looks like the carrier bearing bracket for the steering shaft is way taller and more obstructive than on the Mack powered chassis. What is that in the area of the fan shroud (directly above the steering gear in the picture)? Looks like it might be a part of the radiator shroud but I can't really tell.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

This is my thinking why they came out with the medium duty granite. To make it less exspensive for poeple that cant affrord the hd grantie and can buy the md grantie and have the same looks. Thses days its all about the price so they can sell more. Less is more! Does anybody know on here if the mack Grantite sales went down? Also will this sleeper be avialable for the HD grantie? Also a two piece windshield for for the Titan? Why this option and what is the purpose of a two piece windshield for the Titan? Maybe mackpro can shed some light on this post. Thanks.

Terry E Davis of Johnson City NY

This is my thinking why they came out with the medium duty granite. To make it less exspensive for poeple that cant affrord the hd grantie and can buy the md grantie and have the same looks. Thses days its all about the price so they can sell more. Less is more! Does anybody know on here if the mack Grantite sales went down? Also will this sleeper be avialable for the HD grantie? Also a two piece windshield for for the Titan? Why this option and what is the purpose of a two piece windshield for the Titan? Maybe mackpro can shed some light on this post. Thanks.

It is a great idea to make an affordable mack for those who might want a single axle box truck or flat bed wrecker. to me but I still think they should shorten the hood and put it up against the Peterbilt 335 and the Kenworth K300.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

When I first heard of this truck I was told it was a lightweight Granite with a small cummins engine. I was also told it would have a real short hood (possibly a Volvo hood) and would kinda look like the Ford L9000 that Coke and Pepsi used to pull their bottle trailers in the 90's. I was told it would only be sold to city governments and certain customers due to avoid having people overloading (large dumpbeds and such) them then complaining of low power (not enough enine) and other overload failures. Mack had this problem when they made some lightweight RD's years ago with an E5 engine (midliner engine?) then people tried to turn them into tri-axle quarry trucks. Also the salesmen at the dealerships were mad that you cant get it in single axle! Whats the use in being lightweight if you cant order it as a single axle? On the one piece windshield I heard it was only for the CXU and CHU and now the new medium duty Granite. I heard they stopped offering it in the GU (Granite) due to cab flex cracking the 1 piece windshield during off road and severe duty use.

Flex causing the windshields to break. Boy does that bring up memories. The 73-76 Ford Thunderbirds, LTD's, and Galaxie's, along with the Mercury Cougers, Gran Marquis, and other large cars of the timeframe used to do that a lot due to frame flex. The metal clips that retained the aluminum mouldings would get into the glass and crack it. Haven't heard of this happening with another vehicle since.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

With the construction market as bad as it is it was probably to expensive to make drastic body changes so mack offered what they could, a tried and true granite with lighter components. This one is for sure available with a single rear axle and i bet the power will do the job fine because that isl engine can go upwards of 350hp and 1200 pounds of torque which seems good for a medium heavy truck. the one piece windshield is reworked somewhat and now is an option for pinnacles granites -medium and normal duty- and titans.

Thanks for the reply guys. I never really noticed the windshields if there a one or two piece. I will have to look at them now. As far as the MD granite a single axle dump would be great! Also a box van,lumber flat bed,service truck. Or any application that does not reqiure a big horsepower engine and a truck that calls for medium duty work. I hope we dont see companys getting these and useing them like the HD granites! Also getting back to the Titans . I see left over 2010 there giving big discounts on them!

Terry

The Mack website says the Granite is the # 1 selling class 8 straight truck chasis. :thumb: