Introduction

L Diddy

A-LOTTA SMACK.pdfGood Morning to all,

My name is Lonnie Renz, but from here on out I will go by L Diddy. I am New to the Old Mack Forum. However,I have been viewing the correspondence through you members for quite some time. Your correspondence has helped broaden my love for Old Macks. My father is a recent retired long hauler. And along with my Grandfather, have instilled in me a love and respect for things built tough and meant to last. I had been looking for a Mack model B for about 7 months. and was fortunate to find one about 6 weeks ago. I was also extremely fortunate when I purchased my 1958 B-613LT Dump. Which had an in-frame 6 years ago. and runs great. It also came with an additional ENDLT-673 with a jake. and an additional TRTL-72 Duplex transmission. Being so lucky I probably used it all up and can forget about purchasing any more lottery tickets. NOT! I have so much I want to do in restoring this MACK into a thundering road warrior. My biggest undertaking with this restoration is that I plan on converting it into a crew cab with a goose neck hitch, dump flat bed. For hauling my 40' Brawley 5 horse trailer (coming in at 13,366 lbs.empty). My wife and I along with our 3 children enjoy taking the horses all over riding in the mountains or at the beach and competing in rodeo's. If any of you have undertaken a similar approach or know of someone that has? I would greatly appreciate starting a conversation. Especially the conversion from a single cab to a crew cab.

Thank you for your time,

L Diddy

post-7723-0-29121000-1295542749_thumb.jp

post-7723-0-67069000-1295542944_thumb.jp

post-7723-0-55064000-1295543061_thumb.jp

Well welcom Mr. Diddy. You'll enjoy it here. I can't remember the former owner of your dump truck but at one time hes was a participant here occasionally. I know the party was from Oregon state. That truck should serve you well as it appears to be well cared for. Seems the gent's name was Scott?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Welcome Diddy. Have you been following "freightrain" on here? He is working a B into a sleeper. to be used as a hauler for race car.

He is doing a quality job. he prolly has run into problems you might expect.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Well welcom Mr. Diddy. You'll enjoy it here. I can't remember the former owner of your dump truck but at one time hes was a participant here occasionally. I know the party was from Oregon state. That truck should serve you well as it appears to be well cared for. Seems the gent's name was Scott?

Rob

Thanks for the welcome Rob, You are correct in the former owner. My understanding from Scott is that he purchased the truck in Oregon. However he lives just North of the Columbia river. Here in Washington. You are also correct in that he kept well care of it. I couldn't believe all the documented info and hard to find manuals he gave to me.

Thanks'

L Diddy

Welcome Diddy. Have you been following "freightrain" on here? He is working a B into a sleeper. to be used as a hauler for race car.

He is doing a quality job. he prolly has run into problems you might expect.

Thanks for the welcome and the info on "freighttrain". I will deferentially look him up.

Best regards'

L Diddy

Thanks for the welcome Rob, You are correct in the former owner. My understanding from Scott is that he purchased the truck in Oregon. However he lives just North of the Columbia river. Here in Washington. You are also correct in that he kept well care of it. I couldn't believe all the documented info and hard to find manuals he gave to me.

Thanks'

L Diddy

Yes, now I remember him living in WA state. I've seen photos of his shop and other items he has sold in the past. I ahd considered a single drop trailer he'd advertised but it just wasn't quite right. I am surprised this truck was sold however but am happy to see it go to someone that will appreciate it. My daughter is heavy into horses, has her mare, (Arabian) and it's like a big dog. They actually "talk" to one another. She works at a vet clinic as a vet tech with small aminals and horses. Like you she enjoys putting 1/2 dozen head into trailers and head for distant trails. Always has been in touch with "nature" in that sort of way.

You'll have to watch out around here however; there are some real "screwballs" floating around, (myself excluded). Be leary of that "Other Dog" character cause he likes to use lots of "Gorilla Tape", (almost a fettish) and monkey with posted photos.........

Again, welcome.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

heh heh,,Welcome,,and beware, some of us even "clown" around with bears! randyp :thumb:

Yeah, Guess I'm gonna have to start a "Share the Bear" campaign.

Rob

Welcome aboard. Saw that truck and also knew I'd seen it before. Glad you got a good one and hope you have fun with it.

Been a few years back, Oldmacks.com had a firetruck crew cab for sale. That would be the ticket to throw on your chassis. Usually firetrucks go pretty cheap in the realm of things.

Yup, gotta watch out for some of the "clowns" on here. No picture is safe LOL!!! We do like to have some light hearted fun on here, nothing too serious.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Welcome aboard. Saw that truck and also knew I'd seen it before. Glad you got a good one and hope you have fun with it.

Been a few years back, Oldmacks.com had a firetruck crew cab for sale. That would be the ticket to throw on your chassis. Usually firetrucks go pretty cheap in the realm of things.

Yup, gotta watch out for some of the "clowns" on here. No picture is safe LOL!!! We do like to have some light hearted fun on here, nothing too serious.

Why, that's- that's just- true that. Here's some extended cab B-models.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 3 weeks later...

A-LOTTA SMACK.pdfGood Morning to all,

My name is Lonnie Renz, but from here on out I will go by L Diddy. I am New to the Old Mack Forum. However,I have been viewing the correspondence through you members for quite some time. Your correspondence has helped broaden my love for Old Macks. My father is a recent retired long hauler. And along with my Grandfather, have instilled in me a love and respect for things built tough and meant to last. I had been looking for a Mack model B for about 7 months. and was fortunate to find one about 6 weeks ago. I was also extremely fortunate when I purchased my 1958 B-613LT Dump. Which had an in-frame 6 years ago. and runs great. It also came with an additional ENDLT-673 with a jake. and an additional TRTL-72 Duplex transmission. Being so lucky I probably used it all up and can forget about purchasing any more lottery tickets. NOT! I have so much I want to do in restoring this MACK into a thundering road warrior. My biggest undertaking with this restoration is that I plan on converting it into a crew cab with a goose neck hitch, dump flat bed. For hauling my 40' Brawley 5 horse trailer (coming in at 13,366 lbs.empty). My wife and I along with our 3 children enjoy taking the horses all over riding in the mountains or at the beach and competing in rodeo's. If any of you have undertaken a similar approach or know of someone that has? I would greatly appreciate starting a conversation. Especially the conversion from a single cab to a crew cab.

Thank you for your time,

L Diddy

Mr L Diddy, Welcome. I have personally seen a B model Quad cab customization just this past weekend. Mr. Dennis Meehan of "OLDMACKS.COM" has a beautiful example in his garage in Cairo NY. I think he would be more than happy to share his expertise on how he went about his transformation. He is an extremely knowledgable Mack expert, if he can't help you I don't know who can.

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

Mr L Diddy, Welcome. I have personally seen a B model Quad cab customization just this past weekend. Mr. Dennis Meehan of "OLDMACKS.COM" has a beautiful example in his garage in Cairo NY. I think he would be more than happy to share his expertise on how he went about his transformation. He is an extremely knowledgable Mack expert, if he can't help you I don't know who can.

I too have seen Dennis' truck; it is beautiful and unique. I believe it was built on a Ford 350 pickup chassis that was wrecked but the construction method can be done on any long wheel base truck. Dennis is very proud of it and will be glad to tell you about it.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member