How Rare Are Mack Superliner And Ultraliners With Factory Cummins

Hey guys just wondering how rare are mack superliners and ultraliners with factory cummins engines in them. My friend in Ga has a 1985 mack ultraliner with a 400 cummins and 15 speed deep reduction in it from the factory . His is a MH633 instead of a MH613 he said the first 3 means it has a cummins in it. Also found a superliner tanker fire truck in the town I live in with a factory 400 cummins and 13 speed . Believe it is a 79 model. What was the rarity of these and was they special ordered or just built on the line and sent out to dealers?post-2363-0-46394900-1294612576_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Proclaiming JESUS as SAVIOR to Truckers and all the World!!!!

Hey guys just wondering how rare are mack superliners and ultraliners with factory cummins engines in them. My friend in Ga has a 1985 mack ultraliner with a 400 cummins and 15 speed deep reduction in it from the factory . His is a MH633 instead of a MH613 he said the first 3 means it has a cummins in it. Also found a superliner tanker fire truck in the town I live in with a factory 400 cummins and 13 speed . Believe it is a 79 model. What was the rarity of these and was they special ordered or just built on the line and sent out to dealers?post-2363-0-46394900-1294612576_thumb.jp

There was a guy around here that had a 78 Superliner that had a Cummins 1150CID KT450,13 speed roadranger, on camelback rears. the engine compartment was full. dose anyone know how many KTs where installed in Superliners??.

There was a guy around here that had a 78 Superliner that had a Cummins 1150CID KT450,13 speed roadranger, on camelback rears. the engine compartment was full. dose anyone know how many KTs where installed in Superliners??.

Thats cool Where is Mike from.

Don't have any numbers for the MH,but my local dealer sold 2 new MH633's in '85,400 with 13 speeds.Last I knew they were both still around,but had been converted from tractors to fertilizer tenders.

There were 170 RW633's built 1985 to 1993.Don't have any build numbers for the RW733's or the older Superliners.

I recently bought a 1979 Superliner (RWS768LST) with a Cummins KT-450, Eaton Fuller 15 speed with OD, With 55's on Camelbacks. She has pulled lowboys her whole life, with third axle, diamond plate headache rack with light bar, and full diamond plate fenders. I am the third owner and had the local dealer run the vin and it looks like drivetrain is original. She needs some TLC been neglected last few years by previous owner who replaced her with new truck. She hasent been licensed in about 5 years. I havent pulled anything with her yet but bobtail she seems pretty stout. I am planning to restore to new condition in near future and run her. They dont make em like that anymore. I will try to post some pics soon.

I recently bought a 1979 Superliner (RWS768LST) with a Cummins KT-450, Eaton Fuller 15 speed with OD, With 55's on Camelbacks. She has pulled lowboys her whole life, with third axle, diamond plate headache rack with light bar, and full diamond plate fenders. I am the third owner and had the local dealer run the vin and it looks like drivetrain is original. She needs some TLC been neglected last few years by previous owner who replaced her with new truck. She hasent been licensed in about 5 years. I havent pulled anything with her yet but bobtail she seems pretty stout. I am planning to restore to new condition in near future and run her. They dont make em like that anymore. I will try to post some pics soon.

I AM JEALOUS

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

That sounds awesome will have to bring her down to some aths truck shows in Tn and show her off.

I was wandering if Mack made anymore KT spected Superliners, 1 is all i ever seen. wander if they put any KTA 525 or 600 hp cummins in them, those big 1150 CID cummins sounds alot differant than the 855 CID.

I was wandering if Mack made anymore KT spected Superliners, 1 is all i ever seen. wander if they put any KTA 525 or 600 hp cummins in them, those big 1150 CID cummins sounds alot differant than the 855 CID.

I don't know much about all the Cummins variations in these trucks. The latest superliner that I bought is the only one I have seen with a KT-450. According to the dealer this truck was built that way, they also said that this truck may have been custom built. It was built in California according to the tag on the door. The engine goes from firewall to radiator taking up almost the entire compartment. My other Superliner has a Mack E7-400 and it appears to be half the size of the Cummins.

I know of at least one Superliner equipped with a KTA-600 Cummins (though not factory installed) there was a guy in NJ before i moved that built an RW glider kit,1978-79? the donor truck was an extended hood W-900 Kenworth that had been wrecked. If memory serves it was backed by a 14 speed spicer SST trans. sat on kenworth air-ride susp. 3:35 rears,un-fortunately i do not have a picture of the truck,as it was sold,went to california i believe. But i DO remember it was quite a truck! sounded great! pulled a stainless 48' reefer out of the produce terminal at Vineland,NJ...............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The 1693TA in my RL is a hoodfull!! There is very little clearance between the firewall of the cab and the rear of the head, and the cooling fan and radiator core. In fact, there is an access hole and cover in the firewall for servicing the camshaft on the engine.

Rob

post-78-0-23903200-1294799224_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-21630500-1294799230_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-41592400-1294799291_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think the superliner has another 3" of hood than that of a RS/RL700s. I say this as I measured my RS700 hood when parked next to a Superliner. I recall the superliner was a few " longer and the hood also sits taller due to the cab sitting a few " higher than a RS/RL. I know that the Cummins did not look cramped in a Superliner. in fact it looks just like any other truck that had one under the hood.

A great looking Superliner! looks about a 195"-200" WB? lots of aluminum. is the cab on air ride?

Thanks, she needs some cosmetic work and a little TLC. She was a nice truck when she was new, hopefully I can get her looking new again in the near future. The cab is solid mounted (no air) but it does have air ride driver seat. The dealer said that it had 108" WB.

Justin

Thanks, she needs some cosmetic work and a little TLC. She was a nice truck when she was new, hopefully I can get her looking new again in the near future. The cab is solid mounted (no air) but it does have air ride driver seat. The dealer said that it had 108" WB.

Justin

Just the cab and hood are 127". Maybe the dealer meant 208"?