Monfort The Legend

daveigou

On 2/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, mowerman said:

oh i forgot to mention,,,that R model was just a straight day cab work truck...steel wheels nothing special.....except the cat engine....bob

it was an R model Mack !!they are /were ALL special. LOL

• Like 2

I saw some dummy yesterday kind of off the subject had a U-Haul truck and a car, dolly Toyota pick up on the dolly. Somehow the back wheels locked up, blew out both tires on the Toyota and had both rims grounded down to the bolt pattern bumper dragging the ground I guess this jack ass just kept on driving until somebody flagged him down I guess I should’ve put that in genius award ha ha

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

I saw some dummy yesterday kind of off the subject had a U-Haul truck and a car, dolly Toyota pick up on the dolly. Somehow the back wheels locked up, blew out both tires on the Toyota and had both rims grounded down to the bolt pattern bumper dragging the ground I guess this jack ass just kept on driving until somebody flagged him down I guess I should’ve put that in genius award ha ha

Sounds like the nitwit didn't put the pickup in neutral 

Well, it was on the highway in the middle of nowhere so I think something went sour with the transmission. I don’t know I don’t think those things are a good idea car dolly unless you’re going to put the rear end up on it or take the driveshaft off.

• 5 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 9:50 AM, tjc transport said:

back in the old days, you could order your mack with whatever engine and trans you wanted.

i have seen mack trucks with cat, cummins, detroit, scania, and duetz engines in them, all ordered that way. 

NYC sanitation ordered all their heavy haulers with cat engines and allison automatic transmissions

Also could get the "Purple Monster" Allis Chalmers engine in a Mack

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

i never saw a mack with a "purple people eater" 

i only mentioned the engines i have personally seen. 

part of the reason i did not mention Lanova, hall Scott, Hercules, Waukesha, or Chrysler 413 gas engines either.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Do you know I’m glad you said that because I think this thing was a 68 I can’t remember it was a few months ago I remember thinking I had never heard of a scandia in  a truck that big I want to say it was also an automatic thanks for that… bob