Calling All Mack E Model Owners

Hi guys

Yep, I'm back! I have no idea what has reignited my love for the Mack E, but I'd say it's the photos that have been popping up on Facebook. With work and raising a family, and getting out of trucks a few years ago for various reasons, things just fell over. Anyway, I've found my most up to date E Registry (with 78 entries as mentioned in my previous post on this thread) and will get to updating it. I've started asking around on Facebook whenever Es pop up so with luck we'll break the 100 barrier soon.

Many thanks for continuing to post about your Es and my apologies for being absent for years.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Thanks everyone, we're now on 87 trucks listed on the Registry and the updates from this thread are up to date. In many case I've added usernames as per this forum so if you would like to include your real name, please drop me a private message or send me an email at aircrewbooksATiinet.net.au

Capt'n Hook, did you sell your 1937 EJ?

Johan Olivier, thank you, your truck is the first South African entry on the Registry. Based on other listings, I would argue it's a 1948 though.

Yoos Brothers Construction, thanks, Josh, nothing like multiple entries to kick things along. Any luck with your dad's restored 1947 45S and your EE parts truck? How goes the restoration of the EF1D? Your listings doubled the EG1S numbers on the Registry and the EF1D is the youngest listed to date.

Timbercamp, wow, Ben, wow, that is tight! The youngest (of three!) EQT1D on the Registry.

gmttsn54, the second youngest Type 45S on the Registry. 1942 or 1943?

chuckshay, needless to say that's the first Thailand-based truck on the Registry!

Monsonmotors, any luck with the extra parts, Don? If the project is proceeding, do you have a chassis number for the Registry please?

rlfervan, nice EF, what did you decide to do with it?

Tertius, did you find a serial number of your fine Type 45? If so, I'm keen to add another South African truck to the Registry.

KennC, that's the business! Did you have any luck with the chassis number?

Engine165, many thanks.

We've just ticked over 100 entries, with 22 trucks entered since I last posted above.

Of the new listings, there's the first EE1S, the first two examples of the EER1S (and the first entries from South Africa and Thailand as a result thanks to Johan Olivier and chuckshay), a third Canadian entry, the first EG1D thanks to Mike Harbison, the EG1S 'population' has more than doubled to 7, the first EMT1D has appeared, and five fire truck variants have been added (three Type 45S, one Type 75S and one Type 505S). A couple ownership changes have been recorded as well.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to help kick start the Registry again. Now for the 200 mark!

On 10/31/2018 at 1:15 PM, VaPatentman said:

Not an “E” but close cousin. I have 1942 Model “DE” Mack serial number DE-1-S-3176, Engine Number EN-12-2041 We are the 3-rd owners, and the first owner had it until 2000. I have the original Bill of Sale/invoice from a dealer in Sanford Florida

I was planning to put the DE on the Registry for that very reason. Thanks, you're the first! Would you mind sending some location details (town and state or just state are fine) by private message please?

On 10/31/2018 at 7:35 PM, Superdog said:

Do you have EG1S5980 listed? I picked it up a few years ago

HI Mike, nope, that's a new one for the Registry. Your first EG1S going by the list? Great find!

Edited by Andy in West Oz
Addition
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/27/2018 at 2:16 AM, Andy Wright said:

Thanks everyone, we're now on 87 trucks listed on the Registry and the updates from this thread are up to date. In many case I've added usernames as per this forum so if you would like to include your real name, please drop me a private message or send me an email at aircrewbooksATiinet.net.au

Capt'n Hook, did you sell your 1937 EJ?

Johan Olivier, thank you, your truck is the first South African entry on the Registry. Based on other listings, I would argue it's a 1948 though.

Yoos Brothers Construction, thanks, Josh, nothing like multiple entries to kick things along. Any luck with your dad's restored 1947 45S and your EE parts truck? How goes the restoration of the EF1D? Your listings doubled the EG1S numbers on the Registry and the EF1D is the youngest listed to date.

Timbercamp, wow, Ben, wow, that is tight! The youngest (of three!) EQT1D on the Registry.

gmttsn54, the second youngest Type 45S on the Registry. 1942 or 1943?

chuckshay, needless to say that's the first Thailand-based truck on the Registry!

Monsonmotors, any luck with the extra parts, Don? If the project is proceeding, do you have a chassis number for the Registry please?

rlfervan, nice EF, what did you decide to do with it?

Tertius, did you find a serial number of your fine Type 45? If so, I'm keen to add another South African truck to the Registry.

KennC, that's the business! Did you have any luck with the chassis number?

Engine165, many thanks.

I guess I have not been here in a wile. Last year I rebuilt the engine, Found all of the parts I needed. Runs nice on a stand. currently getting ready to d=send the frame out to get sand blasted.

Also acquired a model 45 fire engine, I now have all the body parts I need then some.  Cant get the pictures to load with correct orientation. I will get the numbers off both trucks for the registry.

engine.JPG

IMG_7129.jpg

Edited by rlfervan
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Have a 1948 EE I saved. I will post up ID number later. Frame was no where to be found so it’s going on a 3/4 ton dodge chassis. If any one has spare parts I am in need of a passenger fender, interior windshield upper and lower garnish moldings, and the upper grille shell trim piece that bulldog sits on. May be interested in doors too. Thanks! 

C783E16C-C43B-45EE-AAD9-7878D641CBBC.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Would anyone have a paint color or better yet a code for the interior color on a 48 EF.  My dash is darker than the light creamy tan color that Mack was known for.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brent 

7 hours ago, Livinlo said:

Hello,

Would anyone have a paint color or better yet a code for the interior color on a 48 EF.  My dash is darker than the light creamy tan color that Mack was known for.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brent 

A paint "camera" sampled some E parts a few years ago and offered these colors for a DE project.  Also used the same colors on an L cab B75 as pictured.

Light color:  1989 Lexus, code 4EQ(9) K8581A Beige.

Dark color:  1980 Toyota, code 135 N7940A alt: 1 Grey.

1959 B75 interior - Copy (2).JPG

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hey,I recently discovered that the guy who bought my '45 EH allegedly had the brakes rebuilt here in Elko,then trailered it to his shop in Wells,then did NOTHING to restore any part of it.😬 I saw it sitting outside his shop with the glass all knocked out of it and the hood flattened on the ground beside it,but nothing else looked appreciably different than when I sold it. If ANYBODY wants to rescue it,they should get after it.  At the intersection of I-80's frontage road and Hwy 93,on the East end of Wells,in the Northwest corner,a ways back from the highway,in front of some garages,near an older house,which I THINK is where the guy lives,the :MackLogo: can be seen from the intersection .

🤔If my re-fi goes through like I want it,I think I'll try to buy it back,but if anyone out there can score it first,I'd appreciate your doing so. It KILLS me to see it treated this way. It's like seeing a good dog locked in a kennel with no shelter from the weather.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 2 months later...

An EQ usually has some heavier suspension and many times seem to be built as tractors.  EE, EF and EH had lighter suspension and usually straight trucks. There are other models such as EM, EJ, ET.....

Getting the VIN and running it through the museum will tell how it was built.  Could have had some alteration in specs over 75 years.

The EQ model was built between 1937-1950 with 10,661 units constructed.  For comparison, over 13,000 EF's were built and 31,000 EH's produced.  Only 50 ETX's got ordered.

Parts depend.  Some are easy to get and some are very difficult.  Same as any project unless it is a Camaro or Mustang!

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello I own a 1941 Mack ED fire truck. I have owned it for more than 35 years and my father had it before me where he bought it from Coopersburg fd in the early 70's. I have and issue the dumb mechanic who stored it for me took the head off it because it was locked up from just sitting. So needless to say I need a motor or the top end to be redone. Bottom end is fine. The truck was always inside. It has a continental Mack flathead 6. Any help with a person who could rebuild and sleeve it would be appreciated.