Andy Wright

Calling All Mack E Model Owners

Hi guys

Yep, I'm back! I have no idea what has reignited my love for the Mack E, but I'd say it's the photos that have been popping up on Facebook. With work and raising a family, and getting out of trucks a few years ago for various reasons, things just fell over. Anyway, I've found my most up to date E Registry (with 78 entries as mentioned in my previous post on this thread) and will get to updating it. I've started asking around on Facebook whenever Es pop up so with luck we'll break the 100 barrier soon.

Many thanks for continuing to post about your Es and my apologies for being absent for years.

Thanks everyone, we're now on 87 trucks listed on the Registry and the updates from this thread are up to date. In many case I've added usernames as per this forum so if you would like to include your real name, please drop me a private message or send me an email at aircrewbooksATiinet.net.au

Capt'n Hook, did you sell your 1937 EJ?

Johan Olivier, thank you, your truck is the first South African entry on the Registry. Based on other listings, I would argue it's a 1948 though.

Yoos Brothers Construction, thanks, Josh, nothing like multiple entries to kick things along. Any luck with your dad's restored 1947 45S and your EE parts truck? How goes the restoration of the EF1D? Your listings doubled the EG1S numbers on the Registry and the EF1D is the youngest listed to date.

Timbercamp, wow, Ben, wow, that is tight! The youngest (of three!) EQT1D on the Registry.

gmttsn54, the second youngest Type 45S on the Registry. 1942 or 1943?

chuckshay, needless to say that's the first Thailand-based truck on the Registry!

Monsonmotors, any luck with the extra parts, Don? If the project is proceeding, do you have a chassis number for the Registry please?

rlfervan, nice EF, what did you decide to do with it?

Tertius, did you find a serial number of your fine Type 45? If so, I'm keen to add another South African truck to the Registry.

KennC, that's the business! Did you have any luck with the chassis number?

Engine165, many thanks.

We've just ticked over 100 entries, with 22 trucks entered since I last posted above.

Of the new listings, there's the first EE1S, the first two examples of the EER1S (and the first entries from South Africa and Thailand as a result thanks to Johan Olivier and chuckshay), a third Canadian entry, the first EG1D thanks to Mike Harbison, the EG1S 'population' has more than doubled to 7, the first EMT1D has appeared, and five fire truck variants have been added (three Type 45S, one Type 75S and one Type 505S). A couple ownership changes have been recorded as well.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to help kick start the Registry again. Now for the 200 mark!

Not an “E” but close cousin. I have 1942 Model “DE” Mack serial number DE-1-S-3176, Engine Number EN-12-2041 We are the 3-rd owners, and the first owner had it until 2000. I have the original Bill of Sale/invoice from a dealer in Sanford Florida

Do you have EG1S5980 listed? I picked it up a few years ago

011.JPG

On 10/31/2018 at 1:15 PM, VaPatentman said:

Not an “E” but close cousin. I have 1942 Model “DE” Mack serial number DE-1-S-3176, Engine Number EN-12-2041 We are the 3-rd owners, and the first owner had it until 2000. I have the original Bill of Sale/invoice from a dealer in Sanford Florida

I was planning to put the DE on the Registry for that very reason. Thanks, you're the first! Would you mind sending some location details (town and state or just state are fine) by private message please?

On 10/31/2018 at 7:35 PM, Superdog said:

Do you have EG1S5980 listed? I picked it up a few years ago

HI Mike, nope, that's a new one for the Registry. Your first EG1S going by the list? Great find!

Edited by Andy in West Oz
Addition
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

My neighbor and i have a EF serial number EF 1 D 1358.😤

Edited by davidradio

Posted (edited)
On 10/27/2018 at 2:16 AM, Andy Wright said:

Thanks everyone, we're now on 87 trucks listed on the Registry and the updates from this thread are up to date. In many case I've added usernames as per this forum so if you would like to include your real name, please drop me a private message or send me an email at aircrewbooksATiinet.net.au

Capt'n Hook, did you sell your 1937 EJ?

Johan Olivier, thank you, your truck is the first South African entry on the Registry. Based on other listings, I would argue it's a 1948 though.

Yoos Brothers Construction, thanks, Josh, nothing like multiple entries to kick things along. Any luck with your dad's restored 1947 45S and your EE parts truck? How goes the restoration of the EF1D? Your listings doubled the EG1S numbers on the Registry and the EF1D is the youngest listed to date.

Timbercamp, wow, Ben, wow, that is tight! The youngest (of three!) EQT1D on the Registry.

gmttsn54, the second youngest Type 45S on the Registry. 1942 or 1943?

chuckshay, needless to say that's the first Thailand-based truck on the Registry!

Monsonmotors, any luck with the extra parts, Don? If the project is proceeding, do you have a chassis number for the Registry please?

rlfervan, nice EF, what did you decide to do with it?

Tertius, did you find a serial number of your fine Type 45? If so, I'm keen to add another South African truck to the Registry.

KennC, that's the business! Did you have any luck with the chassis number?

Engine165, many thanks.

I guess I have not been here in a wile. Last year I rebuilt the engine, Found all of the parts I needed. Runs nice on a stand. currently getting ready to d=send the frame out to get sand blasted.

Also acquired a model 45 fire engine, I now have all the body parts I need then some.  Cant get the pictures to load with correct orientation. I will get the numbers off both trucks for the registry.

engine.JPG

IMG_7129.jpg

Edited by rlfervan
  • Like 1

Have a 1948 EE I saved. I will post up ID number later. Frame was no where to be found so it’s going on a 3/4 ton dodge chassis. If any one has spare parts I am in need of a passenger fender, interior windshield upper and lower garnish moldings, and the upper grille shell trim piece that bulldog sits on. May be interested in doors too. Thanks! 

C783E16C-C43B-45EE-AAD9-7878D641CBBC.jpeg