Calling All Mack E Model Owners

1948 Mack EQT Sn. EQT1D 6160 eng no.en 464 15 87 thermodyne gaspost-8104-0-70789800-1402457078_thumb.jppost-8104-0-32597500-1402457135_thumb.jp

Ben Johnson Outing, MN, currently working in bakken oilfeild

delivered last week, really decent shape. If by chance anybody hasa story about this Tom Cotton Dragline truck etc love to hear it.

From a Gentleman in McCook, NE

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

There used to be a guy with the name of something like Phillip Baumgartner from Florida that sold vintage Mack parts and reproduced some parts - chrome emblems and model numbers if I remember right. He had bought truckloads of obsolete parts from Mack. Anybody know what happened to that business or the parts?

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a guy with the name of something like Phillip Baumgartner from Florida that sold vintage Mack parts and reproduced some parts - chrome emblems and model numbers if I remember right. He had bought truckloads of obsolete parts from Mack. Anybody know what happened to that business or the parts?

Phil passed away quite a few years ago,one of his kids took over for awhile,but near as I can tell,they must have sold what was left and folded his business up.

Hello I just get in this site. I have a Mack (right hand side steering wheel). The plate at the driver side , under the driver seat , written " EER1S6639 " what is this tell about the vehicle? . All parts are equipped but park in a good storage garage for about 30 years since the previous owner 's business shut down. I will show pics soon

WoW! 30 years of storage!

E Mack model identification

E weight rating of truck 12,000 pounds

R right hand drive

1S single axle

6639 consecutive number. It was the 5,638 built because Mack starts with 1,001.

It was probably powered by a Continental 253 when built

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I'm new...my name is Don. I live in Central CA just south of Fresno. 

i've acquired most of the sheetmetal to a Mack E series. I hope to build a Mack ED Tribute truck. I've got a single rear wheel cast spoke chassis about the right vintage. I really could use an E Series grille if anyone knows of one for sale. Also, the lower part of the E series cab is missing, the part that hangs over the frame.

thanks in advance! 

Monsonmotors@yahoo.com

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all

I have acquired a 47 EF  Very solid truck, little rust.

Engine is stuck. trying to determine how bad. I am in the process of figuring out what to do with this thing.

Daily diesel I see you are in upstate NY. How far upstate? I am in Upper Westchester Co.

IMG_1491.JPG

Edited by rlfervan
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

:wub: Has anyone heard from Packer lately? He seems to have dropped off the world or something-doesn't answer my calls or emails......

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

On 6/8/2017 at 6:03 AM, boostedretard said:

That EF looks to be a good candidate for restoration. Looks like someone had already started at some point which likely helped preserve it. 

Yes someone did a decent job sandblasting it and slapped some paint on it. There are some small rust throughs in the normal spots but not bad. all of the trim is there and in good shape.

Looks like the engine will need at least 1 sleeve, some valves and probably some seats.  plan is to remove the engine, a continental 290, open up the bottom end and see if that is use-able.  

some have told me parts are easy to find and others say like hens teeth.  Anyone have experience with the Conti engine?

Robert.

we were supposed to be working a trade of my semi trailer for his EG,but he got too busy to make the trip,then I couldn't get in touch with him after that.

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am from South Africa and has aquired a Mack Fire Truck last week. Did some research on the internet and I found it to be a type 45 Fire Pump. Who can assist with determining the year model if I supply the serial number?

Secondly, the engine is an E330 but the water pump and fan is missing. Does anyone know where I can get spares or do you even have a photo so I can see what I am looking for?

20170726_101417.jpg

Nice looking rig!

You can contact the Mack Museum and get the original information for your truck.  Send them a good donation and the information that comes back is priceless.

https://www.macktruckshistoricalmuseum.org/

You can try Montes Equipment for the water pump.  The EN330 is a Continental based engine.

http://montesequipment.com/

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...