Calling All Mack E Model Owners

Summit Racing Equipment sells Mallory products and may be able to help?

Might be a long shot.

OEM was a Delco distributor with points, etc. I don't know the distributor number off hand for an EF. If an old core can be found Pertronix makes a kit to convert it to electronic I believe. Pertronix is also sold by Summit.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm back and this time I'm staying!

LOL, I know I've said that before but life has turned a few corners lately and we've done a bit of rationalising (sold a house, next one will eventually be bought with no debt). Basically, clearing decks as our family grows (second baby due October) and finally getting serious about finding an E of my own.

Will catch up with all the new E posters shortly.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

• 2 weeks later...

Jonas, wow! You've made my week ... and a period sleeper too. Different front axle? I don't think I've seen an EQX with what appears to be a light axle but I'm certainly no expert.

Phenomenal bit of gear, mate. Superb. Do you have the chassis number handy?

:SMOKIE-RT:

That's a bad-ass looking machine! What does it have for drivetrain? Looks like it was a "hot rod truck",built to spank the KW's and Petes of the time. :twothumbsup:

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I have something going for Packer's '48 EG this Summer. I have an idea to fit it with an articulated 5th wheel,as well as a set of tow booms that can be tilted upright to enable towing a trailer. Might not work out,but that's the idea I'll be working with. I still have a REO 354 and 5 speed from that bus that will fit if it's needed. While on this subject,is there a way to convert a Mono-Shift to electric shift like a 2 speed axle? I've heard of air,vacuum and cable shifted ones,but electric?

Mine went to a shop about 50 miles East of Elko,in Wells,to be restored for a Propane Co. there. Their first truck was an E,and they're planning to rebuild mine configured just like their first one. (They're planning to keep the tachometer in this one,though.) I guess I should take a ride over there and see how it's going;the buyer said he'd have some parts off it to give back when they get 'em removed. (Hoist mast,butt plate,front bumper,maybe the air horn,etc.)

Sorry I haven't been around as much-I've been throwing a lot of my time into my '54 GMC 2 ton flatbed lately;got it outfitted with a tachometer,electric wipers,fog lights,mud flaps,a new deck for the flat bed,headache rack,a stack,of sorts,a 1000# hoist and some cab marker lights. Drained the 40 gal. aux. gas tank,washed the crud out of it and re-did the pick-up tube design to include a filter screen. Works fine now;plan to replace the senders with OEM units for '55-'59 with the pick-up tube in the senders (will have to extend the aux. one about 10 inches for the deeper tank,the cab tank one is a bolt-in.) and a new gauge. Still trying to work up a set of 8.25-20 Radials for it,but may run some used bias ply tires if I find a set for cheap. That's all it really needs to be ready for the highway. I've already discovered its top speed in double Overdrive happens at around 2100 rpm-about 58-60 mph. That's all it can pull,it just doesn't have the power to gain speed past that on flat ground. A friend has offered to hook me up with a good 12V Cummins and a 5 speed when I have the money to get after that. He does these conversions,so he says it'll be a pretty easy conversion. (OR-I could turbo the Jimmie...just kidding. I don't think the head gasket would stay sealed at anything over 3 or 4 pounds of boost-it appears to only have 4 dedicated head studs per cylinder.)

Well,I've bored you enough with my non- :mack1:

Looking forward to getting another Mack and getting it in working trim.

Speed

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Thanks, Jonas, the seventh EQX1D to be added but the first west coaster.

Hey James, good to hear you've got irons in the fire. Looking forward to hearing more.

I've finally updated the registry. I discovered it was an older version - don't know where the most up to date one is - so I've gone back through to page four of this thread to "re-add" about 5-6 trucks that I've already posted as listed. Anyway, long story short, we're now up to 77 Es on the registry. I'll post details of the new additions (will include some repeats already mentioned on here) shortly - added 21 today but should have only been adding 16. Some very interesting trucks added too.

Could I please ask, if you're posting here to add to the registry or have already done so, to include your real name. I've got a lot of references with BMT usernames only and, if I get in touch, I'd like to call you by your name!

No problem,Andy. Also,will you be able to update the ownership when I take delivery of Packer's (Garth's) '48 EG? This deal is about 97% sure,but it's taking a while to get all the duckies in a row to actually make it happen. Hoping for sometime before the next snow season.

"Speed"

James

Absolutely, James. Have got "sold" on what was your EH but will change ownership details when I know the new owner. Just let me know when you acquire the EG and it'll be a snap.

Btw, we're up to 78 Es listed now. I added one I've mislaid the chassis number for but know the owner etc. Have got another four Australian ones to add and possibly at least another seven on top of that. That said, it'd be good to get to 100 entries just from BMT members.

The buyer was supposed to get himself logged in here,but apparently he doesn't have time for it. :angry: If I go over to check it out,I'll let him know he's in danger of insulting you fine people if he doesn't log on and be sociable.

I can give you the name though,Jay Erickson. He's a good guy.

James

• 2 months later...

Hi! I just found this forum. I have owned a 1937 EJ Mack that I had bought when I was 15 and converted it to a wrecker. It was a work truck until 1987. I bought my Dad's body shop and didn't have the time to tow anymore. I sold the business Dec 2012 and had planned on restoring her but my health is preventing me from completing the job. I have her listed on the Trucks For Sale forum. So until she sells I still am an E model owner. I have a copy of the lineset ticket from the factory. I lived in Allentown, PA, the home of Bulldog, all my life. I've attached a picture from years ago and a recent headline that made the local newspaper. There was a feature story on her in the business section.

post-15328-0-47102500-1377982613_thumb.jpost-15328-0-70084300-1377982729_thumb.j

Edited by Capt'n Hook
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does it have right hand steering?

The EE has a GVW of 12,000 lbs was powered by a Continental 6 cylinder engine. I don't think I have heard of an EER and that's why I asked about right hand drive. Thinking the R is for that.

Yours was the 5,352 unit made.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I posted if these chassis numbers before or not but here they are:

EF1D 3146 (Soon to be restored)

EG1S 4774 (Only some parts are left of the truck)

EG1S 6569 (Only some parts are left of the truck)

EG1S 7207 or 7247[double staped plate](Only some parts are left of the truck).

I'll have to get the number off my Dads restored 1947 45S and the one off my EE parts truck.

Thanks, Josh