673 Engine

61bulldog87

srry guys i have a 673 engine that is a turbo that is on a wreck b model its a 1959 b-63 and i have a 1962 b-61 with a 673 non turbo and i would like to put the turbo on the non turbo

thanks guys :mack1:

Ah the thing is the turbo motors have an oiling setup that sprays oil on the cylinder walls. without that setup the motor will burn out with the turbo. Is the old turbo motor blown or damaged beyond repair? if not it should bolt right up. Others here will know allot more.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

there are no piston coolers on the non turbo engine. I assume you could drill and tap them but then you might get metal shavings into the oil system. not a great idea unless you have the engine torn down. If I remember correctly the timing is also diffrent between the turbo and non turbo engine. I will have to recheck the books on that one.

pump set-up must change too, not the same fuel with 0 boost and 20? psi! for the cooling jet under the piston, it also depend on how you use your truck. if you work with it, well it may not be the right thing to do, but if it's a toy that you just want to add a turbo I'm pretty sure you won't burn that engine

:mack1: Mack did not start oil cooled pistons till the END 673 C came out, and there were alot of turboed engines prior to that that ran a ton of miles. terry

From the previous post:

Mack did not start oil cooled pistons till the END 673 C came out, and there were alot of turboed engines prior to that that ran a ton of miles. terry

That should read ENDT 673C.

And BTW, I pulled apart an ENDT673B which had the piston cooling sprayers in it.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

:mack1:

From the previous post:

That should read ENDT 673C.

And BTW, I pulled apart an ENDT673B which had the piston cooling sprayers in it.

Forgot the T for turbo engine. What hp. was the 673B engine? Was it after the C came out? terry

The ENDT673B was 225 HP if I remember correctly. It was the predecessor to the ENDT673C which was 250 HP.

I came acrossed a 81 R model for sale it has a charge air cooler , RTO 12513, i checked the engine#, someone must have changed the engine it has an ENDT673C, i was wandering what years they made the 673c. Thanks Ron

I came acrossed a 81 R model for sale it has a charge air cooler , RTO 12513, i checked the engine#, someone must have changed the engine it has an ENDT673C, i was wandering what years they made the 673c. Thanks Ron

They started calling them E6's sometime in the early '80's,and still offered the ENDT675 and ENDT673C as the E6-237 and the E6-250. They were still using the old numbers for the factory reman engines,the '66 R609 I bought last month has a '86 "Pedigree Rebuilt" ENDT673C in it.

They started calling them E6's sometime in the early '80's,and still offered the ENDT675 and ENDT673C as the E6-237 and the E6-250. They were still using the old numbers for the factory reman engines,the '66 R609 I bought last month has a '86 "Pedigree Rebuilt" ENDT673C in it.

Superdog, were the old 205,225,250s horsepower rating to the ground like the 237,283,350s and were the 300+ putting 315hp to the ground. the one i have in my B61 and it pulls real good just wandering. thanks Ron

Superdog, were the old 205,225,250s horsepower rating to the ground like the 237,283,350s and were the 300+ putting 315hp to the ground. the one i have in my B61 and it pulls real good just wandering. thanks Ron

Far as I know,all Mack engine hp ratings were to the ground.Those 300+ 's were a hell of a engine.There was a guy in town that had one in a '78 Cruiseliner that dyno'd at 365hp.Always wanted to dyno the E6350 in my '87 Liberty Superliner to see what it will do.