Jersey Garbage Truck

I picked up a partial load of salvage floor tiles from a towing company in north jersey this week,seen this across the street,thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing it......pretty fancy garbage truck thats for sure! went over and talked to the guy,he said his trucks get washed everyday! 2 macks,and an autocar,saw pictures of the other two,they looked as clean and well maintained as this one!...........Mark

post-5836-041396600 1286666346_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Green with red trim must be the favorite colors for the G-man.

Company I drove for in CT had same color scheeme. One truck had airbrush work of the old Danbury state fair on it, pinstriping. I took good care of my truck just cause I wanted too.

Related to your post to randy-A clean truck is a happy BOSS

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I picked up a partial load of salvage floor tiles from a towing company in north jersey this week,seen this across the street,thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing it......pretty fancy garbage truck thats for sure! went over and talked to the guy,he said his trucks get washed everyday! 2 macks,and an autocar,saw pictures of the other two,they looked as clean and well maintained as this one!...........Mark

entirely too much washing and rubbing and tweaking and all at stuff,,kinda pretty though,,randy

nice looking truck. I saw alot of NY and NJ macks have the green and red combo. Not so much anymore tho? I remember about 8 years ago I was in West Point NY and saw 3 Mack R600 tractors hauling tankers, they all looked just like this one. Then saw a few old Autocars and DM macks with garbage compactors that had the green and red as well. I thinkn the auto car had a darker green so it stood apart from the macks. they were all from the same company. Kinda sad how even fleet trucks now dont stand out this well.

Nice photo! Now that's a real truck!!!!

The green & red seemed to be an east coast thing back in the day.

I'm originally from CT, and my trucks uere green with red hubs, both the trucks I had in CT, and the ones I had here in WI.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Nice photo! Now that's a real truck!!!!

The green & red seemed to be an east coast thing back in the day.

I'm originally from CT, and my trucks uere green with red hubs, both the trucks I had in CT, and the ones I had here in WI.

Yeah herb,that was a pretty common paint scheme back in the day,used to be a lot more trucks with this type paint job,i guess with the economy the way it is,people just dont have the money to put in to it anymore. Its a shame too,just dont see the fancy trucks like you used to!......Mark

nice looking truck. I saw alot of NY and NJ macks have the green and red combo. Not so much anymore tho? I remember about 8 years ago I was in West Point NY and saw 3 Mack R600 tractors hauling tankers, they all looked just like this one. Then saw a few old Autocars and DM macks with garbage compactors that had the green and red as well. I thinkn the auto car had a darker green so it stood apart from the macks. they were all from the same company. Kinda sad how even fleet trucks now dont stand out this well.

Theres still a tanker outfit up in NYC that still runs this type paint job (mystic transport i think) used to be pretty common,but like you said,not so much anymore,i guess with the economy the way it is,people just dont have the money to put into it anymore.....i was born and raised in jersey,used to see trucks like this everyday,but its been years since i saw one like this one!.......Mark

Yeah herb,that was a pretty common paint scheme back in the day,used to be a lot more trucks with this type paint job,i guess with the economy the way it is,people just dont have the money to put in to it anymore. Its a shame too,just dont see the fancy trucks like you used to!......Mark

People would have more money if they didnt waste it on washing and waxing, Mark,..........................randy

People would have more money if they didnt waste it on washing and waxing, Mark,..........................randy

People would have more money if they didn't drink or smoke, either... We all have habits, some worse than others. I prefer to keep my trucks washed & waxed rather than let them rot and have to replace them every 5 years.

People would have more money if they didn't drink or smoke, either... We all have habits, some worse than others. I prefer to keep my trucks washed & waxed rather than let them rot and have to replace them every 5 years.

I don't smoke, dip, drink, wash or wax anything including myself and am constantly flat broke. Suppose I do have my vices however to the tune of 10 Mack trucks when my livelihood has absolutely nothing to do with trucking.

Fortunate for us all it is widely recognized that Mack trucks are not a frivilous expense, but rather a necessity for sanity and enhanced quality of life.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Fortunate for us all it is widely recognized that Mack trucks are not a frivilous expense, but rather a necessity for sanity and enhanced quality of life.

Rob

Amen to that!

I've been on a downhill slide for 4 years now!!!! :pat:

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I don't smoke, dip, drink, wash or wax anything including myself and am constantly flat broke. Suppose I do have my vices however to the tune of 10 Mack trucks when my livelihood has absolutely nothing to do with trucking.

Rob

Well said!...........Mark

Theres still a tanker outfit up in NYC that still runs this type paint job (mystic transport i think) used to be pretty common,but like you said,not so much anymore,i guess with the economy the way it is,people just dont have the money to put into it anymore.....i was born and raised in jersey,used to see trucks like this everyday,but its been years since i saw one like this one!.......Mark

Mystic keeps there trucks sparkling clean they used to run all Mack R models but have since switched to kw but once in a wile I see one of there Macks here on Long Island.

Mystic keeps there trucks sparkling clean they used to run all Mack R models but have since switched to kw but once in a wile I see one of there Macks here on Long Island.

Thats what i was thinking,mystic had a lot of really sharp equipment back in the day! i thought i saw a T-800 KW in there colors up on the turnpike the other day........Mark