Dodge Power Wagon

randyp

Im kinda craving a dodge power wagon, always liked em, one not too far from here, not in very good shape, been sitting in barn for long time, may drive over and test waters tommorrow,,am in a tinkering mood, wife may tinker my head if i drag it home,,oh well,,its been tinkered before, will keep yall appraised,,..,Randy (Bah Gawd, ah runs this house,,vacum cleaner, dishwasher, lawnmower)

Go for it. I had a '47 Power Wagon stolen a few years ago and haven't seen it since.

Greg, Went and looked at power wagon, it wasnt for sale, and they wouldnt budge. He said he was afraid barn would fall down if he moved it. It was pretty rough anyway, would have required more tinkering than I wanted anyway. I went to a power wagon classified site online, found one in brazoria, texas that i kinda like, they want a lil over 8 grand for it. Its a 61 model. Those trucks get pricey quick. randy

I owned 2 of em back in the 70's, a 1955 and a 1941 weapons carrier type, sure wish I wouldn't have sold them.

They're just like a mini B model, complete with unsynchronized transmission.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I owned 2 of em back in the 70's, a 1955 and a 1941 weapons carrier type, sure wish I wouldn't have sold them.

They're just like a mini B model, complete with unsynchronized transmission.

Yeah HK, I saw several weapons carriers on that site and several M37, ultimately, I would like to put a cummins in one along with a 6 speed. I think that would be the way to go. Go to dodge power wagon classifieds and check em out, there are some really nice ones on there, nice and high too,,,Randy

The Cummins 4BT is a very popular swap into the Dodges. The 6BT engines are a little too long. I found one locally but I just don't have the money to replace my '47.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

We have had some Dodge powerwagons over the years.The green one was a 66 WM300 we had for quite a while and still have the red 41 and the 64 crewcab.The pic of truck and trailer was at the Vintage power wagon rally last year...1400 miles round trip...my 64 has a cummins 6bt in it...now if I could just get it painted...Jim

post-5924-044889300 1276564044_thumb.jpg

post-5924-015725400 1276564104_thumb.jpg

post-5924-036427400 1276564157_thumb.jpg

Edited by billyjay

I've always wanted to see the Iowa rally and take enough time to enjoy it. I would have to stop by Farmington Ill. on my way home. I did subscribe to the PWA for years but let it go when I lost my truck. I am still active on that forum as I haven't lost the passion. I had an older Holmes 500 wrecker assembly to mount on my truck. I thought it would be cool, 250' of 7/16 on the front winch and 350' on the 2 drums in back!

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

I've always wanted to see the Iowa rally and take enough time to enjoy it. I would have to stop by Farmington Ill. on my way home. I did subscribe to the PWA for years but let it go when I lost my truck. I am still active on that forum as I haven't lost the passion. I had an older Holmes 500 wrecker assembly to mount on my truck. I thought it would be cool, 250' of 7/16 on the front winch and 350' on the 2 drums in back!

I have a wrecker bed I purchased from Vintage Power Wagons a few years ago and never used it. It only has a single split winch however. Get you another one and we'll stick this on there.

They are only about 125 miles from me and there is a bunch of stuff over there.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have a wrecker bed I purchased from Vintage Power Wagons a few years ago and never used it. It only has a single split winch however. Get you another one and we'll stick this on there.

They are only about 125 miles from me and there is a bunch of stuff over there.

Rob

That's the place I was trying to think of. I used to subscribe to 4Wheeler magazine when I was mud bogging and they had ads in there all the time.

My uncle had one that looked like the red one,with the sloped hood, back in the 60's-early 70's. It was olive drab colored. He was in the National Guard for years and I remember he gave $500 for it at the time, and it would go pretty much anywhere.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We have had some Dodge powerwagons over the years.The green one was a 66 WM300 we had for quite a while and still have the red 41 and the 64 crewcab.The pic of truck and trailer was at the Vintage power wagon rally last year...1400 miles round trip...my 64 has a cummins 6bt in it...now if I could just get it painted...Jim

That 41 weapons carrier is a dead ringer for the one I had - only thing missing is a snow plow frame on the front, mine was red with black fenders too.

My '55 Power Wagon (can't remember if it was a C1PW or C3PW) looked just like your WM300, except that it was red with black fenders. I've got pictures around here somewhere.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I stumbled upon a 1942 Dodge Weapons Carrier this past weekend at their 1st Chattanooga ATHS Truck Show in Monteagle, TN. and talked to the owner. Owner said it had not seen action in WW2 but to me it looked rough. No roof, had holes where poles would hold up a canvas roof. Owner in bad shape needs to sell. I believe he wanted to get $1,700 for it and had a couple other brand of trucks he neede gone also.

mike

Wayyy cool '64 crewcab.

Did I follow you in the green P-W to the Hebron, Ohio show about 7+ yrs ago?? Real slow movin if I recall?? LMAO!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey...watch it buddy...It would run 50 down hill???It had 5:83s so we put 11:00x16s on it to pick up a few mph.Now the red 41 came with 4:89s/9:00x16s so it will run 55 easy...the pic is my son Steve arriving at the prom in the old Dodge...Three of my boys drove it to there prom...Jim

post-5924-074685800 1276654222_thumb.jpg

Edited by billyjay
  • Like 1

Hey...watch it buddy...It would run 50 down hill???It had 5:83s so we put 11:00x16s on it to pick up a few mph.Now the red 41 came with 4:89s/9:00x16s so it will run 55 easy...the pic is my son Steve arriving at the prom in the old Dodge...Three of my boys drove it to there prom...Jim

Well, thas just way too cool looking, have to agree with HK too, its got a lil look of the "B" model styling to it. Good Pics! Randy