New And Old

Had a nice and clean CV713 come in today for some trans work. Raised the hood and found a 2 Valve Head engine in there. It looked like it was done correctly with all Mack parts and mounts. Wish they were all that easy to work on. It had a 1989 CH dash and all the guages worked.

post-1740-12683211459664_thumb.jpg

post-1740-12683211630754_thumb.jpg

Was it a glider kit?

Kinda but no, a guy I know buys the cab, hood and frame from a company that strips down new Macks and builds military vechicles using the Mack engine, trans and axles. He then buys the rest and builds the truck with what ever Mack engine/trans/axles the customer wants.

Kinda but no, a guy I know buys the cab, hood and frame from a company that strips down new Macks and builds military vechicles using the Mack engine, trans and axles. He then buys the rest and builds the truck with what ever Mack engine/trans/axles the customer wants.

SweeeeeeeeeeeT Got to love that!chili.gif

Are they titled as new trucks?

They use the orignal VIN as on the cab and frame rail. He has clear titles as I have copies of 2 titles of the last 2 trucks he just built. We are doing HP conversions next week to bump them up to 460, these 2 have 2000 E-TECHs in them.

That looks like what I want to do with my Vision. I found an all mechanical 350 with less than 100,000 0n a Remack job at a good price but I don't know how many hosses it will turn up to.

i would gladly settle for 350 hp mechanical if you couln't tell it didn't come that way

In stock form, the mechanical E7 topped out at 400 HP.

I had a 91 RB688s dump truck with a mechanical E7 400, and it would pull away from a 425 Cat equipped truck like it was standing still. (Both trucks comparably loaded).

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"