Robs Neighborhood Circa 1977

Lmackattack

I remember it well, too well. It was followed by ice that did not go away for three weeks taking the power with it. Every three hours round the clock filling up a small generator that was on the house to keep warm, and the food cold; I remember it well.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My dad worked for the L& N RR back in the mid fifties as a fireman on steam engines. He never mentioned any thing like what you are showing. The way he talked he was shoveling coal all the time and didn't have time for anything else.

mike

Crap!! That's alotta snow!!! (when it's tall as a freak'n train engine........that's ALOT of snow)

Only thing we ever had around here was the storm of 1978. Nothing like that, but was the "Big one" around here.

Rob: you needed a generator to keep the frig running to keep the food cold?? Did ya notice the snow outside?? LOL!!! (ya, I know you want it cold, not frozen).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

My folks used to talk lots about the snow storms of the 78/79 winter up there 'round Chicago but out in the 'burbs...particularly memorable because my dad had to keep the looooooooong driveway clear as my mom was el preggo with me....born Feb 12 of 79 B)

...didn't know 77 had bad snow too. It was before my time :P

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!