Shades Of Green

If you look under the dash or heater may have a part that you can take with you to your favorite body shop, they can match the part you brought them. This may sound strange to you, but it can work if you can find a part to take with you. Some trucks were painted the company colors. All B Models were painted the green inside unless special ordered by a customer. As with any other trim on that truck. Keep us posted on your improvements so we can enjoy it with you.

Best Regards!

mike :mack1:

If you look under the dash or heater may have a part that you can take with you to your favorite body shop, they can match the part you brought them. This may sound strange to you, but it can work if you can find a part to take with you. Some trucks were painted the company colors. All B Models were painted the green inside unless special ordered by a customer. As with any other trim on that truck. Keep us posted on your improvements so we can enjoy it with you.

Best Regards!

mike :mack1:

Thank You! Iam working on getting some pictures up. I have wanted an old B-model all my life and bought one Thanksgiving weekeknd!

I've flown in at Lexington before. Nice airport..... I just could not understand how two pro pilot's that have flown in there many times could take off on the wrong runway. Since that one incident, all of the general aviation aircraft have to use their heading bugs at all times. But I agree with the FAA, everyone should use them. I'm sorry for the family's. Any way on a better note. Where I work we have a girl editor that is from Lexington, Ky. her name Erin Curry. A real asset to us. As with your B Model glad to hear you got yours finally. Sounds just like my story, check it out in my profile sometime. I was crazy about trucks, but the B's were my favorite. Keep us posted on your progress. I'm interested in your endever. Also when you can, post those pictures. We crave pictures on here so we can see what you see.

Thanks for posting

mike

P.S> What is your first name?

Hey Bobby,

I did get your message but, when I tried to reply, the television went out, also the computer would not respond. It gave me an error message that I tried to correct but at no success. When I came back after the power came back on, the message was gone. But I did get to read it. Sorry for your loses. Glad you can pop back and let the B help put some quality time in the void areas. My first truck event was last year near Louisville,Ky, I believe it was Shepherdsville. Anyway it was a small town on the west side of I-65 south of town in a park. I joined AHTS but they probably won't show the small local events. I would like to be posted on the Kentucky truck and tractor shows when they come up.

For Now

mike

Hey Bobby,

I did get your message but, when I tried to reply, the television went out, also the computer would not respond. It gave me an error message that I tried to correct but at no success. When I came back after the power came back on, the message was gone. But I did get to read it. Sorry for your loses. Glad you can pop back and let the B help put some quality time in the void areas. My first truck event was last year near Louisville,Ky, I believe it was Shepherdsville. Anyway it was a small town on the west side of I-65 south of town in a park. I joined AHTS but they probably won't show the small local events. I would like to be posted on the Kentucky truck and tractor shows when they come up.

For Now

mike

The Midamerican truck show is March 19-21. The national Farm machinery show is feb 11-14.You can register for the truck show online, they have a big website up for it. I will also tell you of local shows as I learn of them, :P Bobby

Thanks for the info Bobby. I will put in the pre-flight planning, see what happens. Looking back at your first post, you asked what aftermarket paints have been used. I personally would not use anything but Ditzler by PPG formerly Dupont. If you don't have a gun, you can rent a good one. Its much better than a spray bomb anyway you look at it. And it's not hard to learn. My first job was on a door. I used half paint and half enamel reducer with a fish eye capsule. Sprayed it very early a.m. when the wind was not a factor in the garage. Ten minutes between each coat. Went to bed....got up late that morning and lo and behold!!!!!! their was a candlefly stuck in my paint job. I was sick for a few minutes until I calmed down. I took my fingernail and scrapped the candlefly out until it was nothing but a pinhead speck. I'm really glad I didn't contiue with the spray bomb that I used on that same door and jamb.

Later

mike

Thanks for the info Bobby. I will put in the pre-flight planning, see what happens. Looking back at your first post, you asked what aftermarket paints have been used. I personally would not use anything but Ditzler by PPG formerly Dupont. If you don't have a gun, you can rent a good one. Its much better than a spray bomb anyway you look at it. And it's not hard to learn. My first job was on a door. I used half paint and half enamel reducer with a fish eye capsule. Sprayed it very early a.m. when the wind was not a factor in the garage. Ten minutes between each coat. Went to bed....got up late that morning and lo and behold!!!!!! their was a candlefly stuck in my paint job. I was sick for a few minutes until I calmed down. I took my fingernail and scrapped the candlefly out until it was nothing but a pinhead speck. I'm really glad I didn't contiue with the spray bomb that I used on that same door and jamb.

Later

mike

I'd just go to the hardware store and get a quart of "Rust Oleum" paint, (your choice of color), and a long nap roller and decent quality paint brush. No need to worry about all that masking, trimming, bugs, etc. when you are working on a Pete.

Wait a minute. This subject pertains to a Mack. Nevermind........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I took an old door hinge cover plate to my local paint mixer. He scanned it and mixed it up. I painted my heaterbox and it matches up pretty nice with all the surrounding paint(not that any of it's that purdy), but at least it matches in shade to not be a sore thumb.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I'd just go to the hardware store and get a quart of "Rust Oleum" paint, (your choice of color), and a long nap roller and decent quality paint brush. No need to worry about all that masking, trimming, bugs, etc. when you are working on a Pete.

Rob

I was going to save my roller for the outside!!!!!!!!!!!! :pat::chili:

Rob

Actually, I painted my '71 Ford F-100 pickup in the driveway once with a brush and red implement paint from the hardware store...yeah, you're right - nevermind. One more coat though, and it might have been a different story :rolleyes: I drive a Peterbilt. Totes tha' mail too!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I drive a Peterbilt. Totes tha' mail too!

Looks like the test routine when the ignition key is first turned on. Given fact that no Pete operates very long with that indicated groundspeed.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks like the test routine when the ignition key is first turned on. Given fact that no Pete operates very long with that indicated groundspeed.

Rob

Interesting theory, but note that no indicator lights are on-this is an actual photo, un-retouched as they say :rolleyes:

Interesting theory, but note that no indicator lights are on-this is an actual photo, un-retouched as they say :rolleyes:

Well that IS interesting. All those guages, and "indicator lights" are still required to tell what the hell is going on. Gotta be a Pete thing; I wouldn't understand.

Rob

Well that IS interesting. All those guages, and "indicator lights" are still required to tell what the hell is going on. Gotta be a Pete thing; I wouldn't understand.

Rob

oh yeah, the dash board lights up like a Christmas tree when you turn the switch on.

see-switch on...switch off

Rob

That takes too long :P ! Punch a hole in the can then quickly toss it in and slam the door! Drink an adult beverage B) and go in later with a razor blade and clean the gauges you need! :lol:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

That takes too long :P ! Punch a hole in the can then quickly toss it in and slam the door! Drink an adult beverage B) and go in later with a razor blade and clean the gauges you need! :lol:

Don't need no gauges in a Pete. Ya got idiot lights!!

While Other Dog entertains hisself by "toting the mail"; Us "common folk" get to endure the increasing postal rates to cover the fuel, insurance, wear and tear, and convelescent care for the delayed onset of insanity due to operating a Pete at such high speed, etc......

Rob

Don't need no gauges in a Pete. Ya got idiot lights!!

While Other Dog entertains hisself by "toting the mail"; Us "common folk" get to endure the increasing postal rates to cover the fuel, insurance, wear and tear, and convelescent care for the delayed onset of insanity due to operating a Pete at such high speed, etc......

Rob

I did run across an old B-model firetruck this weekend that had morphed into a yard truck etc. It was green inside too but a different shade. A little darker in 1954 than the 1964 I have B)

The firewall of my A has the original red paint still showing but the interior is green. I remember that all IH trucks had gold colored interior, Mack had green. Usually the inside of the glove box door is still good for a color match as they aren't sun faded.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Rob

That's in KPH Rob..............so actually it's just starting to catch up with the rest of the world............. :P

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That's in KPH Rob..............so actually it's just starting to catch up with the rest of the world............. :P

I was climbing Lookout pass with 49,000 lbs. on, just fixin' to shift into high gear, about a mile from the top when I took this picture. :rolleyes:

...did I mention the load was also 14' wide?...and 13'-6'' high?

...and that I was running into a 60 mph headwind?