Hi,can anyone identify these? I think the big boy on the right is a Luberfiner 750,no idea about the smaller one on the left. And the small one in the middle is a gas filter that you rotate the top to scrape the crud off the wall of the can?Also,someone added what looks like black silicone seal to the cap of the big filter even tho the flat rubber gasket looks to be good.Is this common practice for added leak stopping?Btw,I took the clamp off the lid,it isn`t missing.Thanks in advance.

IMG_0293 (3).jpg

Edited by skydawg
added pic

I don’t know what to tell you yes the big one looks like a lubrifiner , which is still available through Amazon all I could tell you is take the little one apart and see what the element looks like. Amazon will probably have it too they have everything. Good luck.bob

The one on the left is probably the engine oil filter; if the lines go to the left side of the engine block then that's what it is. It's a Luberfiner 500c, filter is a Wix 51554 and the lid seal is a 15414. If you change it, crack open the plug on the lid a couple of turns after you first start the engine and close it when oil starts to seep out to bleed out the air. I can't help you on the other two.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, h67st said:

The one on the left is probably the engine oil filter; if the lines go to the left side of the engine block then that's what it is. It's a Luberfiner 500c, filter is a Wix 51554 and the lid seal is a 15414. If you change it, crack open the plug on the lid a couple of turns after you first start the engine and close it when oil starts to seep out to bleed out the air. I can't help you on the other two.

Is that big one a power steering reservoir???

Brocky

On 4/3/2024 at 2:16 PM, skydawg said:

Hi,can anyone identify these? I think the big boy on the right is a Luberfiner 750,no idea about the smaller one on the left. And the small one in the middle is a gas filter that you rotate the top to scrape the crud off the wall of the can?Also,someone added what looks like black silicone seal to the cap of the big filter even tho the flat rubber gasket looks to be good.Is this common practice for added leak stopping?Btw,I took the clamp off the lid,it isn`t missing.Thanks in advance.

IMG_0293 (3).jpg

big -luber as stated/ small fuel with scrapper inside have seen and worked on. the middle should be the power steering. did you trace the lines ?? one to PS pump other to box ?? 

The gasket seal for the luberfiner 750 should be square not round like an o ring fleetguard number is 0101853s

• Like 2

smaller on left is an oil ?? did you attempt tracing lines from smaller one  (luber 500)?  going by statement of the 750 gasket is square ; which I'm sure is correct. got me thinking  == there is one large  filter housing having a tapered top which the square o-ring has one tapered side that  faces up when installed to match cover angle.

Left is oil,both lines go into left side of block.The big filter on the right,inlet hose comes from the oil cooler,the top of the rubber gasket that seals w/ the lid is flat.

The 750 on the right probably had the bevel square seal because it has the flat top lid that seal is obsolete but a little silicone is fine to reseal and the later square seal works as well 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Terry,you`re correct,the filter on the right has two cartridges,stacked.The top filter came out smoothly,the bottom one gets even with the top of the center tube in the housing and comes to a hard stop.I can`t see what could be holding it there,when the top one came right out.These are WIX 51235 elements.Any help is appreciated,thanks.

Edited by skydawg