mack superliner $6500

SELL THE RED ONE ONLY  1986  vin# 1m2ayo4yogm002049  neway air ride end864 v8 truck has not been run in 8 years had a sleeper at one time will add more pic truck in troutville va 540-309=4973 $6500

DSCN0898 - Copy (2).JPG

DSCN0900 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0899.JPG

DSCN0896 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0897 - Copy (2).JPG

DSCN0894.JPG

DSCN0895.JPG

1712695431271_PART_171269543115.jpg

1712695452755_PART_171269545275.jpg

Edited by jettertrucks
pic
  • Like 1

Interesting, according to the VIN (with the O's replaced with 0's to correct it) it was built with a 350HP E6 4VH... Guess they swapped engines? Or is the VIN incorrect? 

3 hours ago, The Heinz said:

Interesting, according to the VIN (with the O's replaced with 0's to correct it) it was built with a 350HP E6 4VH... Guess they swapped engines? Or is the VIN incorrect? 

I doubt any 1st generation Superliners were produced with E6-350 4V since the engine came into production in 1985 and the 1st gen was cancelled in 1984. Or were there some bunches produced near the overlap dates?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

4 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

864 or E9 motor?

That was also a question to me but the added photos show 865 or 866. Which is period correct.

29 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

I doubt any 1st generation Superliners were produced with E6-350 4V since the engine came into production in 1985 and the 1st gen was cancelled in 1984. Or were there some bunches produced near the overlap dates?

It may be because it was built in  Dec of 1985, but there's a high chance the info I have could be wrong, though I'm using Impact and a VIN finder as my sources. Odd that two places could be wrong, but possible. 

Just now, The Heinz said:

It may be because it was built in  Dec of 1985, but there's a high chance the info I have could be wrong, though I'm using Impact and a VIN finder as my sources. Odd that two places could be wrong, but possible. 

Too possibly you're right.

There was a not almost clear to me fact when Mack switched from gen 1 to gen 2 Superliner. 1st the 1st gen was originally produced (and designed) at Hayward factory in California and than after close of that factory in 1978 (or 79?) the production continued at Macungie. Than in 1985 the model was swapped by 2nd generation which was physically a different truck. With different chassis, front end, the line of engines and trannies, style of fuel tanks and updates to the look.

But I guess some particular trucks could be (custom?) specified with components basically used on earlier or later models.

I have no relationship to Mack factory. Learned the most from info on this site during the years. 

• Like 1

I probably should keep my mouth shut here because I know almost nothing about the V8’s but i think i read somewhere about there being a 998 cubic inch ENDT-1000 and an ET-1005 that was a predecessor to the E9 in the early superliners. From what i read it was basically like an E9 but with no charge cooler. There was also a maxidyne EM9 i read, and was painted gray. As far as the pictures show the engine is the gray color which seems correct for mid 1980’s? I think maybe they were 4 valve and weren’t the 865-866 engines 2 valve?

. The factory color for the 865 was gold as it was a maxidyne. I believe the 866 was painted more of a silver as it was the thermodyne color. 
Of course the original engine could have been repainted or swapped out or both.  
im just floating the possibility of it being the ET-1005 or EM9 and is original?  I certainly don’t know. Someone with more knowledge than me will surely be along. Im curious. Its a cool old truck 

Josh. 

Edited by Macktruckman

All the pictures looks like superliner 1 last produced in early half of 85. The superliner 2 was produced last half of 85 something doesn't seem right with this being an 86

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

I just want them to answer me if it's still available. I don't care about engines or the originality of the truck or motor. My boss has been looking for a Superliner and this is in his Price range 🙌 l

Time to call the number listed in the post?

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

12 hours ago, Macktruckman said:

I probably should keep my mouth shut here because I know almost nothing about the V8’s but i think i read somewhere about there being a 998 cubic inch ENDT-1000 and an ET-1005 that was a predecessor to the E9 in the early superliners. From what i read it was basically like an E9 but with no charge cooler. There was also a maxidyne EM9 i read, and was painted gray. As far as the pictures show the engine is the gray color which seems correct for mid 1980’s? I think maybe they were 4 valve and weren’t the 865-866 engines 2 valve?

. The factory color for the 865 was gold as it was a maxidyne. I believe the 866 was painted more of a silver as it was the thermodyne color. 
Of course the original engine could have been repainted or swapped out or both.  
im just floating the possibility of it being the ET-1005 or EM9 and is original?  I certainly don’t know. Someone with more knowledge than me will surely be along. Im curious. Its a cool old truck 

Josh. 

The engine you see on the pictures is 2 valve since you can see injectors aside of the valve covers. So that could be 865 or 866. E9 (and also E7 and E6 4V) had lager (wider) valve covers and injectors aren't seen at the outside since their location is in the middle of the 4 valve seats in the cylinder head. They're put straight vertical in relation to piston and hidden under valve covers.

Looking by overall design E9 was built basing on those prdecessing 2V V8's but with 4 valve heads. The displacement was enlarged though. ENDT-1000 or (and?) 1005 were 4V engines and looked very close or similar to a E9. There was a post a long while back with pics of an experimental R700 which had ENDT-1005 under the hood. Looked very similar to a E9 (4 valve heads). I must be having that pic on my hard drive, just need to rifle through it to pull up.

Hope our discussion in this particular case adds attention to the thread and helps selling the truck. Not just a flood up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Time to call the number listed in the post?

Hahaha I honestly didn't See the number the first time 😅 🙃.  My brain's still fried from my long day yesterday. Unfortunately my Boss is in the hospital right now otherwise I'd pass it on to him.

• Like 1

• jettertrucks changed the title to mack superliner $6500