You would think that they were hot and heavy for a while. All of a sudden they all disappeared. What happens was California decided by chroming  the rims it weaken the steel they were nice to enjoy for a while. not sure if that was ever proven, but California has their own set of rules as far as trucks goes over there really don’t like anything… I ran through that state for over 40 years believe me, I know. Bob

Oh I believe you. Ive heard and read some things like this before tbat make me shake my head. I have a neighbor up the road a mile or so that moved here from California when he retired. From what he tells me the country is diverse and beautiful but he couldn’t live there anymore. Sounds like everything I own would be off limits there. I have a 1978 Mack and a 1974 pete. Lol. 

Yes, I live there for 15 years. It’s a gorgeous place but politicians are run it right down on the ground. I’m not even gonna open up that kind of worms but yes, as far as law-enforcement I think they have probably more commercial truck rules than any other state in the nation my wife grew up in San Diego. We travel down there quite a bit for visits. Anyway, as I mentioned, they were a lot of them there , and they just kinda came and went. They were becoming very popular and a real short period ……then all of a sudden disappeared and yes, that’s what I heard about them… bob

Im curious about the headlights as well. I believe my buddy showed me that exact listing and it’s about half price of the other one we talked about. From one of the pictures he showed me yesterday it has a 2 valve engine in it. The one with the dump bed was a 4 I believe. I have read some back and forth on here between which is the better but I’ve never driven similarly spec’d trucks with the 4 valve vs the 2 valve to know if one pulls better than the other on say the same hills with same load. Back to the truck itself I said before that I’ve never seen a MH up close so I’ve really enjoyed learning from all you guys. This is a great place. 
Josh. 

• Like 1

BOBWhite from what I can tell that one you found is in nicer shape cosmetically for sure than the other one as well. Looks like a bargain maybe. I didn’t see any interior pics. I think I prefer the look of the round headlights 
josh

Edited by Macktruckman

IDK if both round/square headlights were available during the entire production run or if it was a model year change. Our 1st 4 or 6 MH's had round and the balance of them were square.  20 of the MH's were ordered units. the 21st was bought off the dealers lot, used i believe, and it was a Freedom Edition. If only I had realized at the time that the company sold it what it actually was...  

• Like 1

I always thought single headlights was a fleet thing.  Cheaper on the order form and easier to keep just one headlight to fix any truck.  Not a high or low beam.  By then single rounds were out of style so that is why the went to square across the board??

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thanks bob. I think i might look that old 359 over soon. fire it up and get some tires on it and odds and ends to make it useable here local. Im going to have to either get an engine or do major on my R that is my primary rig. Old 359 needs painted BAD. lol. But it’ll work without that if needs be and I can use it while I get the engine situated for my ol junkyard dog. Lol. Pete is even older than my mack. Instead of low air light and buzzer it has the little stop sign that falls down in front of your face out of the overhead. Lol. 
Josh

Edited by Macktruckman

Oh my God it must look like the one on dual even better bud. Keep us posted you’re always very interesting. Thanks for all your conversation and a good part of us are also Peterbilt fans.. I drive  a 579 is my  work truck . bob

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Macktruckman said:

Ill post up a picture of it if its ok to post a pete on this thread ?  I don’t know the rules very well. 
Josh

As long as there happens to be an R model posted with it I think a blind eye will be turned to the Pete...

• Like 1

That’s really weird it doesn’t look old enough to have that low air warning that thing is tits. Thanks for the photo that has got a lot of possibilities. I wouldn’t sell it either…. That sucker will clean up right nice Bob 

• Thanks 1