new on the site

Sergey2

Рад приветствовать всех участников форума! Меня зовут Сергей. У меня нет грузовика, но я пришел на этот форум, чтобы получить технические знания. У меня плохой английский, поэтому я воспользуюсь переводчиком. Я буду рад, что меня здесь примут и не откажут в помощи. Всем хорошего дня!

Sergey posted:
I am glad to welcome all forum participants!
 My name is Sergey. I don't have a truck,
 but I came to this forum to gain technical
 knowledge. My English is bad, so I will
 use a translator. I will be glad that they
 will accept me here and will not refuse 
help. Have a nice day, everyone!

welcome to BMT Sergey!!

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Welcome! Your profile says you have a Ford/GAZ AA that I would love to see if you have a picture. 

I don't know if Mack used Hercules in the 1930s but I believe it was an option on some trucks in the 50s and 60s 

18 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

Добро пожаловать! В вашем профиле указано, что у вас есть Ford/GAZ AA, и я хотел бы увидеть его, если у вас есть фотография. 

Я не знаю, использовал ли Мак Геркулес в 1930-х годах, но я думаю, что это была опция на некоторых грузовиках в 50-х и 60-х годах. 

Hello! My truck is in the process of being supplied with spare parts and will be assembled from scratch. But at the moment there are plans for another project related specifically to the Hercules engine of the 1930s, the specific model of the YXC engine is interesting. If anyone has information on this engine, I would be grateful :)

3 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Welcome! Your profile says you have a Ford/GAZ AA that I would love to see if you have a picture. 

I don't know if Mack used Hercules in the 1930s but I believe it was an option on some trucks in the 50s and 60s 

I think I’ve heard of them and Max. I am not positive like you, Bob I thought that’s what I heard. Isn’t that what that guy had with the two red fire engines short while back he wound up buying them both ….B  models… and yes bud welcome aboard.. bob

4 hours ago, Sergey2 said:

Hello! My truck is in the process of being supplied with spare parts and will be assembled from scratch. But at the moment there are plans for another project related specifically to the Hercules engine of the 1930s, the specific model of the YXC engine is interesting. If anyone has information on this engine, I would be grateful :)

I found a later manual for a JXC/JXD engine which seems similar to the older YXC engine you mentioned. My favorite part is towards the end where they describe the best way to blow it up in case it's ever abandoned. Let me know if you can't access the link and I'll send a PDF to you: https://radionerds.com/images/9/9d/TM_5-5167_HERCULES_ENGINE_JXC_AND_JXD_1954.pdf    

Also found a wikipedia article that explains the Russian involvement with the engine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YaG-10

Welcome aboard. A number of years ago I had two late 1940,s Diamond T trucks with Hercules engines. One was a JXB the other a JXD. The difference was the bore. As I recall parts for those engines at that time were available due to one of the fork lift manufacturers using the same engine.

4 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Также нашел статью в Википедии, объясняющую участие России в разработке двигателя:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YaG-10.

Bob, thanks for the links. Yes, that’s right from the last link, Russia purchased engines for these trucks from the USA, since it had not yet established its own engine production.

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

I think I’ve heard of them and Max. I am not positive like you, Bob I thought that’s what I heard. Isn’t that what that guy had with the two red fire engines short while back he wound up buying them both ….B  models… and yes bud welcome aboard.. bob

they were Hall Scott engines in those B21's .i believe they were 606 CI.. but they may also have been the newer 590 CI engines.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Welcome to the dog house! Beware where you step! :)

Hercules engines were installed in Studebaker US-6 trucks and also in Diamond-T's of WW2 times. Personally I'm not familiar with Herkules but know someone I could ask about. PM me which particular engine model you're looking info on and we will try to go from that.

Sure the forum folks may be of help too. But mostly here's Mack-related stuff.

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012