6 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Is there a number stamped on the accessory drive case on the engine?

image.png.5d4fe485dd27229d4386fb7da54e26c6.png

DC,

Thx-He sent me a pix of his pump..tags are different than yours.  I double checked mine which was a 237 Factory remain that guys I bought truck from had the good luck to pull  from a wreck and it had only 10,000 miles. I tried checking my nos today but I'll have to pull the quarter fender off to see it.  My memory says that is where my engine tag is on pump.  the drive case has some numbers punched onto it but I thin k they are a part number- I'll have to put some brake cleaner on to get a good read.  Unrelated question...anyone know how you determine an engine build date?

The numbers stamped on the case could be the engine model.  The first part on mine was "T673C".  That identified the engine as an ENDT-673-C, which is pretty descriptive.

Not sure if the stamping "rules" were the same back then, but it might be a good place to start.

I SHOULD remember where the tag was on that one, but I just can't seem to remember.  There were a few tags on it (valve clearance, etc.).  Also tags on the pump.  For some reason, I was thinking the H.P. was listed on a tag which was attached to the engine, not the pump.  But, I could be wrong.

And, like Larry said, pictures might be helpful.

image.png.4def4405d0dba41d7e76a2fbd4807bf5.png

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."