Ups

hicrop10

The drivers get 44.00 an hour.that 170k  number that is the only thing the news reports on is figuring in pension and health and welfare.so what if the did get 170k a year nobody cares about an sports guy making 39mil,or ceo of a company making that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mackey58 said:

The drivers get 44.00 an hour.that 170k  number that is the only thing the news reports on is figuring in pension and health and welfare.so what if the did get 170k a year nobody cares about an sports guy making 39mil,or ceo of a company making that. 

I lost interest in modern day sports years ago mainly due to $$$ paid. baseball is on fake grass, with high tech watching every move.  retired sports "stars" can't do cleaning commercials any more ;; they don't get uniforms dirty. LOL  black /white TV ::Ruth; Marris; Mantle etc. the fun days. for the UPS people and others being behind the wheel deserves proper pay in todays world. my brother drove UPS doubles for yrs. he left; too many rules. they had it figured as to what foot was used to step in vehicle first  to save time and other "cost cutting : factors.

I ran with UPS drivers for years. They have been telling me that for a long time they pay a lot of money but they’re constantly on them and a lot of people don’t realize the upper management has turned into a bunch of bean counters, and I got that right from one of them, not something I have made up. 

As I said Mecho they did me a favor with their whining and crying who needs to be sitting in front of the TV for nine hours. Anyway, I havent got time for that. Worst part they get DUIs and they pretty much don’t even do anything to  them anyway now I’m going on almost a pot of coffee breakfast and I’m finally almost ready to go outside. Ha ha.

Just now, mowerman said:

I was a teamster for a short while   they were excellent after DeRegulation , everything went in the toilet I really think that Fitzsimmons sold us down the river… 

Ah I gotcha. My Grandpa had to deal with them back in the days of the steel strikes and Mr. Hoffa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Well, striking was the only way they could get ahead. Ordinarily, they were pretty successful when the strike ended. Without the Teamsters, they wouldn’t have a chance anymore. I understand all they care about is UPS.

Well back then unfortunately alot of Driver's who signed the contract to stay out of the Teamsters dumpster fire paid for it with their lives from "Wild Catters" who would ride both sides of the fence. My Grandpa had to carry guns in his 3 trucks and even rode Shotgun for his drivers. 

• Like 1

It was a tough road to get it going but look what we’ve got now hundreds of trucking jobs that don’t pay anything overworked warehouse help  making peanuts, Amazon, Walmart, etc. etc.  oh what is is it they say????? 2 sides to every coin lol bob

On 9/10/2023 at 9:42 AM, mowerman said:

Perhaps union bosses  making way too much money but it’s OK for politicians to steal from us and give back nothing ha ha funny  how that works … bob

Well my Grandpa said Jimmy Hoffa was great for the Teamsters Union but hell for the Driver's. My Grandpa never joined them they just signed a contract that said "We want nothing to do with the strike and just want to haul steel". All Hell broke loose when acouple wildcatters dropped a  cinder block off an over pass in Toledo and it killed a driver. Turned put the driver killed was a freight hauler.

Oh, I get it …. unfortunately, that has that happened to succeed. If  very thing was handed to you in a silver platter. That would be wonderful,, but it never works that way. Bloodshed is always the answer i war ,,,any war. It’s too bad innocent folks have to go down nobody likes it ,happens all the time it’s still going on now all around us having absolutely nothing to do with a Teamsters … bob

On 9/11/2023 at 11:44 AM, james j neiweem said:

So UPS is buying some new Macks! Anthems I suppose. How many?

Do you know I don’t know what they are I see a lot of them piggybacking across 80 W. going towards Sacramento and Reno also, I am seeing some running across 80, triple trailers …brand, new ones they’re real nice I think they’re anthem. I am not sure since I hardly see any out here except at a distance, not sure one model from another. … bob