Yellow

On 7/22/2023 at 3:38 PM, mowerman said:

I think they’re done this time lots of jobs lost . I don’t know what happen over there yellow roadway best way Reddiway  they were all huge at one time …

Out here there was also "New Penn". Remember them when they were all Mack!    .....Hippy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Looks like the mega carriers luck finally ran out, Yellow and UPS both look like they're on a chopping block. Wonder if some business will fall to the little guys during the chaos of it all. 

UPS is all small package. It will help Fed Ex & the USPS but not much else. UPS sold UPS Freight to TFI (a Canadian mega logistics company) & it is now T-Force.

• Like 1

I have also been in Freight. What is 40 years oh ….I only saw one yellow today all day long going east not looking good. I don’t understand what happened all 4 companies were huge at one time.. I also know drivers at Old Dominion and T force Reno area 

As of now it Yellow makes it until Monday the 31st I'd be really surprised.  Apparently the Sr VP of sales told her staff that Friday would be their last day of employment & that Yellow is filing for Bankruptcy on Monday.  Later the company back-peddled and said that is not true.

The IBT & UPS appear to have reached an agreement and it is now up to the rank & file to vote on it so UPS looks to be in the clear.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

At least some of the 12,000 trucks are going to come up for sale flooding the market with cheep equipment. Wonder how long we're going to keep seeing these old yellow trucks on the road. Kinda sad 

My guess is that most of these will go south of the boarder.

2 hours ago, Terry T said:

My guess is that most of these will go south of the boarder.

Last time I looked, the power equipment was all leased (from Ryder IIRC) the trailers and gear they owned.  I still see the CF tractor on a farm somewhere.

• Like 1

Spent a total of 36 years with both CF and Yellow. Was fortunate to be long gone from each before they went belly-up. They were great fleets in their day. Learned a lot from both. Sorry to see Yellow go, but the writing was on the wall since 2003 when they bought Roadway and USF Holland and went 1 billion $$$ in debt. 

IMG_1042.thumb.JPG.1a18e94cb4928a6dca4085793781ad26.JPG

• Like 1