JD 450B crawler loader Back hoe

fjh

So s ome quick Googling and this is a screen shot and link to a the second page I looked at, you'll get the drift of what Im on about pretty quick

https://www.excavator.expert/en/Track-chain-Dozers-JOHN-DEERE-450-26332p.html

Screenshot-20230418-034847-Chrome.jpg

This gives you all the measurements to check on the chains condition, also note that when you measure "A", multiply it by say 3 or 4 or maybe more and measure the length of 3 or 4 links

Stick your hand in the guts of it all and feel the bush, if it is worn only on one side the pins haven't been turned which means that by turning the pins and bushes you can wear the opposite side and get twice the life out of the chains

There will be similar diagrams for sprockets and rollers 

This the only way you can tell the true condition the walking gear

Now I don't say any of this so it can be used to screw the seller on the price, just so you have a good idea of what your getting into

Good luck with this, anything on steel tracks to me is fun 

received-329995442083092.jpg

Paul 

Mech... You are more full of sh!t than a Christmas Turkey....  Luv U Guy's...  

Edited by Joey Mack
Pour sperring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah,,,  Here in N.C.,  they taught that phrase to this Yankee..  I didnt dare question them about it, just laugh along..  :)   

Oh yeah,,  I sidetracked this one too...  Dammit  !!!

8 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Yeah,,,  Here in N.C.,  they taught that phrase to this Yankee..  I didnt dare question them about it, just laugh along..  :)   

Oh yeah,,  I sidetracked this one too...  Dammit  !!!

AND IT ONLY TOK TWO PAGES!!!!

• Haha 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Well  if I indeed get this!the machine will be able to move all the turkey shit you guys can produce here! 
Found a pin for the missing pin on the lower attach point by the way!

There back on topic!🤨

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, fjh said:

Well  if I indeed get this!the machine will be able to move all the turkey shit you guys can produce here! 
Found a pin for the missing pin on the lower attach point by the way!

There back on topic!🤨

and with the backhoe , you can dig a deep hole  for burying the sh-t ; cause we all know it gets pretty deep at times around here.  good news on the pin; hopefully a little searching will turn up the rear counter weight.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be a dealbreaker if we don’t turn up one! She doesn’t no where the operator seat went either! Might be a Miller 211 project! My Princess auto store here has lots of seats!

don't aproove  of burying good soil enrichment!😂best leave things as they are!😀

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2023 at 7:40 AM, mechohaulic said:

and with the backhoe , you can dig a deep hole  for burying the sh-t ; cause we all know it gets pretty deep at times around here.  good news on the pin; hopefully a little searching will turn up the rear counter weight.

So I have run across a case 4x4 580k I’m going to look at tomorrow still not to confident on buying a track machine!too much bull work when shit goes wrong! It’s twice the money but more along the lines of what I’d like and a little lighter foot print! 4cyl Cummins I believe !

• Like 1

case 580 definitely a more versatile machine . rubber tires  vs tracks advantage depending on goals and objectives hoping for. my situation leans more towards a  450/555 track machine. the jd 1450 with loader  I did the clutch on was promising ; parts availability scary. can really cut some job time with a cat 977 ,

13 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

case 580 definitely a more versatile machine . rubber tires  vs tracks advantage depending on goals and objectives hoping for. my situation leans more towards a  450/555 track machine. the jd 1450 with loader  I did the clutch on was promising ; parts availability scary. can really cut some job time with a cat 977 ,

Yup I think For what I want to do the Case would be a smarter move and the chances of getting parts is far more likely!  As for Terrys comment there  I'm confident with either or Engine Perkins is a Good power plant too! My Davey brown is Perkins and has been bullet proof ! That said it only has 4000 hrs on it but the work I have been doing with it has been more brutal than any farm work by far! The case will help take the pressure off Davey some what, the heaver work now be passed off to the Case! however its one more Machine to look after! And , The price of having land to look after! Call it the strata Fee to a town dweller !😅

As a side note I intend on mounting the hoe as a gesture to the woman that is dealing with her husband with dementia as she will need to sell this unit to some one and if the hoe is mounted it will be an easier sell for her ! Having Gone thru the situation she's in recently our selves, I know any extra help is a bonus Its quite a big struggle! Any way if things don't work out with the case I may take the JD ! We will See!

Thanx for your comments Guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK So I bring the rig home next weekend if all  goes well ! The 580 has been looked after ! All the glass is intact the pins in the 41 bucket are fairly tight. the hoe pins have some wear but that is to be expected! I Am stoked to have found this machine! It is the Cummins engine not sure if its turboed don't really care to much! horse power  is not going to be much of an issue here for me ! not sure of the year  again it don't mater its the machine of my dreams basically for  a decent price! $ 21000 these have been priced way up there here , all I have looked at have been over $30000 and beat to shit! So Any pointers are appreciated! One of my old customers is going to PU the Machine its a bit far for me to road it! It is registered for road use however Not interested in driving it 35 miles! Also we have to pass the scales I'm not to eager to poke a bear with a stick! if you know what I mean!

Thanx for input so far Guys!

So I got to go and operate the machine a bit last nite it operates ok ! I observed that the boom lift function didn't seem to have the power of the rest of the functions other wise it seemed to be good! The boom cyl has a leak at the mount end I presume it has a crack in it it apears that they tried to weld it but it still leaks a tad! I may pull it off when I get it home and see if I can weld it up properly as its almost impossible to weld stuff in place with oil oozing from it ! So will keep you guys updated if your interested ! Real stoked about geting it home Unfortunately it looks like I will be replacing a fan belt and maybe a tensioner in a bit a bit of a dogs breakfast to change However! Is what it is! Better than doing track rollers and broken track springs on a JD! Just sayin! 😅

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mackey58 said:

Is it a extend a hoe or normal boom on thr back

Extendahoe yup! Ya I will post some stuff I got a few questions also!  Has an extra hole where the buckets attach wondering what it’s for! A clean up and digging bucket the 4-1 needs some cutting edge on the main frame portion needs some repair got me a bit of a plan for that! Nothing the 211 won’t take care of😅

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DavCut said:

How about some photos @fjh?

I’d love to have a 530 or 580 of some vintage but I can’t really justify it on my 0.25 acre in town lot… 😎

So in picture two you see the extra pin hole toward the back? Is this to change the angle of the bucket or is it for something else?

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

• Like 1