JD 450B crawler loader Back hoe

fjh

15 hours ago, mackey58 said:

Maybe a clevis for setting pipe

Yup I'm in the process of repairing the main part of the 4/1 cutting edge they left it un repaired for quite awhile so the clay and dirt was packed solid between the frame work and the  work edge! had to air hammer it out and pressure wash inside before I get started on the repair some one did try to bandaid it at one point! might take a couple of days to finish it up got to go get a another spool of wire for the welder And I am not planning on knocking my self out getting it done And I don't know the duty cycle on the miller Haven't had it long enough to know its capability's ! It's raining here today so nice day to be inside! 😁

LAGB0216.JPG

Perhaps it’s out of the photo @fjh, but if not I’d highly recommend blocking up the arms and upper jaw of the 4&1 to protect yourself from a sudden drop from a hydraulic failure. Want to ensure that you’re around to post more photos of your adventures with the 580. 😎

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have a JD450B, motor is great, but dont let the final drives sit unused.  Ours sits a lot and the final drive clutch packs glued together. Someone told me you fill the housing with diesel and let it soak into the clutch packs, but we haven't tried it though. 

And be careful with that neutral safety plate, never crawl under a running machine.  The linkage can wear out enough that it'll drop into gear even with that plate set over the shifter.

Thanx Joe ! I passed on this  Machine I And got the Case as pictured! I'm just picking it up to day I decided not to take on the bucket repair as I can no longer work over my shoulders and the welding project would have put me in that situation! So I sublet the job to a small welling shop down the road he did a mighty fine job ! 700 bucks well spent didn't hurt my self one bit!  picking it up this morning before the traffic gets heavy! post pics in awhile! Next is to pull the boom cyl it has a crack that needs repaired at the anchor end that leaks when in use a bit! 

• Like 1

Decent fix see how it holds up ! After looking at it I may have been able to work around working over my shoulders how ever its done! Still got some tiddling on the clam on the left side worn quite heavy, I may tackle  that my self at some point! 

• 2 months later...

All good bro ! Took the leaky boom cyl out had it repaired and repaired  to the tune of 1600 other than that it’s working out well! Haven’t had much seat time yet been busy with other shit! Thanks for asking! I think after using the 4x4 I can hear a bad u joint in one or both of the for lack of a better term cvc joints bit of clattering on turns!   May have to address these at some point apparently there are 2 u joints per side! not to much info on line but haven't searched hard on this yet been too busy with  other stuff!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2023 at 3:46 PM, DavCut said:

So @fjh how’s the new to you old hoe treating you?

Well finally got around to installing the thumb on the old Case this week ! Should work out ok! Got it off Amazon for 500 ! After a few mods they sent the wrong pins and mount bracket so I had to sleeve the holes down to one inch as the bracket had 11/4 holes ! How ever Its mounted on there and We will see how it works!

thumb pic 1.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

Thumb .JPG

• Like 2