Oil pressure

IGV

Good morning everyone, I have a 2005 mack cv713 427I and recently I have been noticed that oil pressure at idle had dropped from 30-25 to 20, hot and barely reaches 40 at high speeds when it used to go up at around 50 60 psi, do you guys think is normal or what could be issue? I hope you all can help me, thanks in advance 

Yes too the oil analysis...  when you pull the dipstick does the oil run off like water?  You can do a halo test on a clean piece of card board to see if there is fuel in the oil.  I have posted this test before.. It is not better than an oil analysis, but it will tell you right now if there is a fluid other than oil in the crank case.. 

Have the EUP's been replaced recently, or the fuel pressure regulator?  fuel pressure should be between 50 + 80 PSI..

jojo

hook a hand held pressure gauge to the oil filter stand and get a true reading..  The sensor may be failing.  Dont open your wallet yet..  do a couple tests..  are you an 'engine guy'??  jojo

• Like 1

Ok I will check the oil pressure with a gauge thanks,,, well I'm not an expert like you guys but I'm trying to learn because I'd like to be able to fix my truck my self because I like engines, jajaja, one more thing at cold start up the gauge needle stays down for a couple seconds and the very slowly starts to go up is that normal, thank you guys for your responses 

OK.. Thanks for being honest... There are a lot of us here that can help guide you..  The oil needle should rise quickly..  Just for kicks ,, remove the oil pressure sensor(s),  should be on the right side of the oil filter stand behind the filter, and use some carb cleaner in a can and spray the end of the sensors till it is washed clean, re-install, and test it again..  

Hey mowerman how are you, I'm guessing it di suddenly because one day I just noticed that it was 20 psi at idle hot and around 43 at high speed when it used to be around 30 at idle and 45 over 50 at full trottle, but since I noticed the oil pressure drop it's been dropping gradually, because now it's been dropping to 19 15 psi and barely go up to 40 full trottle.

11 minutes ago, IGV said:

Hey mowerman how are you, I'm guessing it di suddenly because one day I just noticed that it was 20 psi at idle hot and around 43 at high speed when it used to be around 30 at idle and 45 over 50 at full trottle, but since I noticed the oil pressure drop it's been dropping gradually, because now it's been dropping to 19 15 psi and barely go up to 40 full trottle.

AS Milkman has said ! Do the oil sample asap You may have fuel dilution smell the dipstick for fuel! Then check the sensors against a good gauge as Joe has mentioned ! your description points us in this direction in my mind! Common Failures on these is Fuel Pump And EUP Seals!

Just sayin!

• Like 1

picture #2 looks like fuel dilution to me..  I prefer card board because it slowly absorbs oil and quickly absorbs fuel or water..  but you did good..   what does the back side smell like?

I see the difference..  nice illustration..  you have something in the oil..  likely its fuel..  an oil analysis is in order, as was stated earlier..