Oil pressure

IGV

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

How about this??         You just put new oil in it,, and pressure is good now...  Run the truck and keep your eyes on it...  Then get back to us..  All of us who are mechanics/ owners,  know that this is a challenge..  Just keep in touch, and post all of what you did, and what the truck did..  with respect, Jojo

Agreed run it for awhile keep checking the oil in the morning and if it increases on the dip stick you’ll likely have your answer then you can start doing the testing!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I will suggest you do the fuel pressure test that I posted earlier.  It will take a few hours, but it is better than just doing a re-build, and you really need to know where the leak is!!  Otherwise, what ever you put into the engine will be wasted, because the fuel leak is still there.. 

• Like 1

Good...  Just keep in touch here as you go, step-by-step.. 

Have you gotten a Book on the engine so you can see pictures of where the fuel galleries are and the 2 plugs in the front of the engine near the breather.  there are 2 at the rear, around the corner from the #6 cylinder.  They are in a straight line to the front plugs.. you will notice that the fuel inlet in the block aligns with one gallery, and the return fitting at the block is in line with the other gallery. Fuel surrounds the EUP's between the o-rings. You may have noticed 2 sets of holes in the EUP's when you had them out.. 

Books are cheap and if you Google them they are readily available, even on the other side of the world were I am

They dont have everything in the books but they have almost everything you can think of and lots of leads to finding all sorts of issues 

A very educational thread going on here

Paul

IGV... mat I suggest you pick one of the rear plugs.  It takes a 1/4'' dr. ratchet to remove the plug..  I suggest a breaker bar to loosen it, because it may be tight enough to break the little ratchet. Here is a picture of the E-Tech supplement book.

KIMG1847.JPG

Ok thank you joey mack I will buy one of those books right now, so to check the eups I use the back of the engine plug and to test the lift pump I use the bottom plug near the timing cover or the breather 

Just use one of the rear plugs.  the pressure will travel through the EUP's and fuel lines. Be sure to remove the fuel line that comes from the tanks and goes to the input of the primary filter. Then plug the port in the filter pad. That will keep the air pressure in the engine and not going back to the tank. leave the fuel pump assembled and pull it back out of the block a half inch or so, so you can see if it is dripping with pressure..  I suggest the rear plug because, when you spill fuel at the front plugs, you won't be fooled in to thinking you found the leak..  the rear plugs do not go into the oil..

I forgot to tell you..  make up a fitting with a shut off valve.  you will lose some fuel when you install the fitting assembly.  so you will need to crack the valve open and pump the fuel primer until fuel comes out of the valve. This ensures that fuel is in the galleries.. then proceed with the rest of the setup..  the port is 1/4'' NPT..  you can screw an air tool nipple into the valve so you can put pressure to it.

Since you have the pump off. Leave the filter on it tight, and put an air tool nipple in the inlet of the pump, and plug the other end, and pressurize the pump with 70psi. And see if it leaks around the shaft seal..  please wear a face shield when doing this..  jojo

• Like 1