Oil pressure

IGV

Thanks FJH..  I just went through this last summer with 2 in a row, an E-Tech that had a bad fuel pump, and the fuel washed the bearings, (Re-build)... The second was an ASET..  I found both compression rings on #3+#4 piston were stuck in the grooves.. and also found the hidden gallery plugs loose..  

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Thanks FJH..  I just went through this last summer with 2 in a row, an E-Tech that had a bad fuel pump, and the fuel washed the bearings, (Re-build)... The second was an ASET..  I found both compression rings on #3+#4 piston were stuck in the grooves.. and also found the hidden gallery plugs loose..  

Yup Joe  He needs to get on top of this fast! I went thru this with my  Davey brown tractor and my buddy's Massey tractor last summer as well need to stay on top of this situation! When they changed to that filter/ combined pump is when the problem started! Very few failures up to that point! I believe he's chasing a dilution issue here how ever need to nail down from where!

Ok I'm about to go check the truck because I was busy in the morning, one more thing since I bought the truck last year it had been throwing a code for eup #3 do you think it has to do something with the leak?

It is possible,. With this new info... Check to see if that EUP has broken and /or loose hold down bolts.. if so,, the EUP is moving up and down, riding the cam lobe.. it WILL leak...  Should see leakage outside too..  

I always forget. The one with 3 wires is it..  I think.. the other is temp. It will have a brass probe on the end. The pressure sensor has a small opening in the end. 

Ok thank you, I'm asking because I'm gonna check the sensor, because I did another halo test and this time it looks much darker yesterday I did it and oil was a bit hot, do you think that would make a difference? 

if you are able to get the oil pressure to read correctly,, I suggest an oil change and test drive it and check the oil..  when you fill it with new oil to the full line, take a picture of the dipstick.. then after 30 minutes, shut it off, let it sit for 10 minutes, and check the level again..  if it has changed a lot then you may still have fuel getting in..  Let us know... 

so what did you do before this oil change?  did you flush out the sensors?  I am still concerned about the Halo test..  Did you send an oil sample out for analysis?  

I'm a bit confused I did another halo test

Left top is my trucks cold oil bottom left my brother's truck oil cold middle is my truck hot oil do you guys think synthetic blend would be thinner than regular oil?

I couldn't tested any further because my brother in law couldn't borrow me his air compressor I didn't send oil sample yet because their is a mechanic by where we park our trucks and told me that by the way the oil looks he dont think it has  fuel In it, does lift pumps can fail without leaking fuel?

They usually fail in this fashion the other thing that can happen is the drive gear can come loose but that is a failure that used to happen to the older style pump with out the filter head built into it! Maybe price the pump !BUT the parts cannon approach is not the way to go  if that's what your thinking you need to verify if the fuel has indeed got into the oil ! OIl samples are cheap go to any equipment outlet they will likely have a sample kit If you have a CAT dealer near by stop and Get an SOS sample kit and get it done the longer you wait and mess around the longer it will take to get things up and running again! the halo test is a back yard test and works if you are familiar on  what to look for  do it on a piece of card board ! the sample will tell the tail of the oil pressure but NOT where it Came from! Bro just follow through with the tests that Joey has provided! If The pan is off all you need now is REGUTATED AIR 60-70 psi and eye balls to test! AND a little luck!  

Yes I will definitely get the oil analysis, the thing about the air pressure test is that I don't have an air compressor I was going to use my brother in law compressor but he had to do some other stuff his is going to help me do the test but his been busy this days so I decided to change the oil to see if there was going to make any difference in oil pressure, and did maked a difference but I know that if there is fuel dilution it gonna take a bit to start showing any  symptoms of low oil pressure? Do you huys think 1300 k miles on the oil could cause low oil pressure?  

I think I'm A bit confused, I apologize to everyone i didn't meant to waste your time but I was a little bit worried about the drop in the oil pressure, that's why I posted my questions so i could get help from you guys, 

How about this??         You just put new oil in it,, and pressure is good now...  Run the truck and keep your eyes on it...  Then get back to us..  All of us who are mechanics/ owners,  know that this is a challenge..  Just keep in touch, and post all of what you did, and what the truck did..  with respect, Jojo

• Like 2