1974 Mack Wrecker on Proxibid

HarryS

Man that sucker looks like it’s barely used. I wonder what’s up with the late model nose I’ve only seen them on DM models weird situation, and I wonder why the bidding is so low that thing is worth a lot more than that Thanks for the post… Bob

wife really gets in to saving the 401 LOL . i can take watching only so much. it's all the drama and hype put in to these shows that take away reality for me. have run a wrecker had a chain break and send a winch cable flying towards the wrecker at high rate of speed. that one i was in a hurry since tractor / trailer had the nose over a concrete barrier over track one . like the lowbed on train crossing I didn't know when train was coming. notice some of the tense moments on the 401 the actual wreck is on a side road. still can't figure why if  one lane is open ;; where are the plows??

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

IDK Mech, I think it's easy for us guys to forget not everyone really gets what's going on on those shows. We see different things than lots of others watching. I like them, some pretty nice equipment. 

probably why  wife and I don't sit much together watching TV. she gets up set when i start complaining about things like :::"they are putting air bags in wrong place to lift trailer , too much torque on cable , will break. and the bag blows out  and a cable/chain snaps;;all the excitement JUST before a commercial. not being a know-it-all ; just common sense. LOL

• Like 1

I like watching the recovery show myself …. But most of what I’ve seen other than that show my God I don’t know where they find such stupid people… . They should send those folks a warning this is   This is not suitable for intelligent audiences, strong stupidity lots of dumb dumbs … bob

Around my parts a lot of recovery business still have a 750 or 850 in their stable. Most are mounted on FWD, Paystar or DM 6X6's for doing ag recoveries.  The (somewhat) new thing that might finally make them obsolete are winch boxes/winch skids. 

I have seen many a seasoned recovery operator do with a Holmes 750 (25 ton) what the youngsters need a 50 (or more) ton rotator for.

• Like 1