Black smoke between gears

JSmackchu613

starting fluid ;; old school , didn't think that technic was allowed or used anymore. very light on the spray also. have to be cautious suggesting that type of test in todays world. too much or spray hitting hot exhaust will change purpose of test and fire extinguish test will take place. or inventory check on first aid kit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

starting fluid ;; old school , didn't think that technic was allowed or used anymore. very light on the spray also. have to be cautious suggesting that type of test in todays world. too much or spray hitting hot exhaust will change purpose of test and fire extinguish test will take place. or inventory check on first aid kit.

Well that’s me,old school..😏

• Like 1

Amen My Brotha' !!   Unfortunatly what we know how to do, has been challenged by the fancy pants B.S. in recent years. as far as Mack go's...  Volvo bought it to destroy it.......   have you had the chance to train a new school guy on truck repair, or even driving one, in the last 10 years?    I have.....  It aint pretty, unless the guy Truly want's to learn...    Just sayin'..   Jojo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JSmackchu613 said:

Yes it is deleted truck. When old turbo was fine it use to run fine. Going to take it back to get a exhaust and boost leak check and VGT  calibration checked. I tried myself to check for leak. I found exhaust leak but still cant find boost leak

So go to the front of the intake manifold and look at the bottom bolts they tend to break or come loose directly below were the /egr tube enters the manifold if bolts are missing check for a crack in the manifold at the bottom where the bolts are missing! A place to start!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2023 at 10:10 AM, fjh said:

So go to the front of the intake manifold and look at the bottom bolts they tend to break or come loose directly below were the /egr tube enters the manifold if bolts are missing check for a crack in the manifold at the bottom where the bolts are missing! A place to start!

Thanks  i will check it out