More photos

mowerman

not sure bud,,,,,so many idiots out my way either one of those companys dont even stand out anymore....i seem to have most issues with knight,,,apparently they get a fuel bonus,,,they drag thier feet then i start around them now they wanna race 

• Like 2

On 1/16/2023 at 10:22 PM, mowerman said:

Just going to get worse work force just keeps getting worse  stay up all night tire chains forget it the industry needs to come up with something else … Bob

Go back to industry regulation? I mean isn't it universally understood that the Motor Carrier Act of 1980 (deregulation) was the beginning of the end for the trucking industry? 30+ years of cutthroat competition and a drag race to the bottom have pretty much created what we have now. There is literally zero barriers for entry. You can get operational authority in less than 2 hours, and anyone with a computer and internet connection can become a broker. Deregulation is what basically created "big box" stores too. From what I hear from every single person who was involved in trucking prior to deregulation was that it was better staffed, better managed, and you could make fistfuls of money as a driver and/or owner (relative to the times).  On the other hand heavy government price and entry controls to an industry is pretty un-American. In the end The American consumer won and Truckers Lost.....big time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryS said:

That reminds me of Other Dog's picture some years ago of a 66 mph truck and a 66 1/2 mph truck going uphill. Do you still have that one?

I probably do, somewhere. But you know how disorganized I am, it might be an all day job for me to find any particular picture, unless of course i'm not looking for it, then i'll see it right away.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

2 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

I look at it this way yeah there's alot of Non Americans etc out here and people that don't have a clue what being a real truck driver is. Yeah we make jokes about um and all that but when it boils down to it we are all in this together Whether you've been out here 40yrs or just hit the road outta drivin School. It's up to us that have been out Here along time to help these new ones out and pass on what we learned and Respect them as drivers. Because no matter if you were self taught or went to a drivin school or were taught by someone in your family etc. We were all newbies once. I've started helping these guys when I can be of help instead of Makin jokes about them. I had a new driver and yes he was foreign come up to me just awhile ago and ask what to do to prepare to be unloaded. We're hauling structural steel for a build. I told he what to do and he Replied. Ok thanks for the advice. Made me feel good as a driver.

This pretty much spot on, regardless of what we think we know. These days, as in right now will become the good old days for a generation at some point in thier career today

We can't blame our respective  government's or operators or huge companies, we as everyday people are the clowns that vote people in, that do or do not work for some companies, that do or do not set the standards that all things are done by

It is up to us to do the best we can do and teach and inspire those around us to be the best they can be 

I can guarantee putting someone down and giving them a hard time isn't gunna help anyone

Thats almost a rant I have going on there

Sorry RD number 6, took your reply and ran it into the ditch :SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-LFT:

Paul

• Like 2

Yes, we did have it made before deregulations most of us had to start on the dock loading trucks you could’ve just jump into a truck but it was all worth it huge paychecks, and a big pension the system drove all the good paying jobs out since everybody was out jippoing  everybody all the union jobs disappeared, and as far as assisting in the newbies, they don’t want to hear it. They already know it all…. Bob

That’s pretty much the way my company still operates they will train guys off  the dock to drive  but everybody starts in the yard hostler have to do six months without any mistakes. If you hit something you have to get back on the dock  and wait six months for another chance then if you pass that they train you on one pup and you have to do city work for six months before you can train on doubles.Bob