Clutch Brake

mackone

Hi, I have a 2006 Mack Granite with the Mack 10 speed multi reverse transmission, I just recently bought this truck and its hard to put into gear from neutral, so I crawled under to look at the clutch brake, and  I do not see a clutch brake. Is it possible that it has came apart and fell out?  Does the Mack transmission use the same type clutch brake as a Eaton? And what is the input shaft size , 1 3/4"? Thanks

being a "new " truck '06  i guessing the 3 piece  clutch brake assemblies  don't exist any more; would be a 1 piece with the tabs that always break/ ware out . then the clutch brake does nothing but rattle around on  input shaft and make noise. for it to fall off it may have had the two  piece installed at one time and the two roll pins fell out. 

Just learn how to drive with out a clutch brake

Plenty of trucks from Europe and Asia never have them from new and those drivers survive okay

Never tried putting a two piece one in, only the one piece clutch brake

I wonder if this had a two piece and it came apart under heavy abuse one day 

Paul

5 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

being a "new " truck '06  i guessing the 3 piece  clutch brake assemblies  don't exist any more; would be a 1 piece with the tabs that always break/ ware out . then the clutch brake does nothing but rattle around on  input shaft and make noise. for it to fall off it may have had the two  piece installed at one time and the two roll pins fell out. 

A one piece (torque limiting) clutch brake doesn't fall out.... although it'd be great if they did when they're compromised (lol) Get ready to have a dirty face and head get'n one of those out. Some two piece ones fall out and often on a truck that's gone through a couple, the inspection hole cover is already a memory. So the pieces very well may be no where to be found .

O.K. thanks everyone for the quick replies!  Yes this truck came from a company so treated worse than owner operator would treat it more than likely, so either one of the clutch brakes posted (Euclid EB201500 , 127200) will fit my Maxitorque 10 speed? Thanks , Denny

1 hour ago, mackone said:

O.K. thanks everyone for the quick replies!  Yes this truck came from a company so treated worse than owner operator would treat it more than likely, so either one of the clutch brakes posted (Euclid EB201500 , 127200) will fit my Maxitorque 10 speed? Thanks , Denny

Yes.  2"

• 2 weeks later...