Brockway ownership

james j neiweem

the lawyers  writing the paper work have that figured out.  wonder if  there is a statue  of limitation type clause?  has to be at least 40yrs since last brockway : yes/no . by chance did you look at the DMM pictures? recognize it ?? sitting in southbury

The patent office says there is a BROCKWAY GLASS CONTAINER INC and a BROCKWAY PLASTIC PRODUCTS, INC so the patent for the use of the name could have expired long ago but Im not well versed in the legal mumbo jumbo. 

I say bring back the Superliner to the U.S but there's no chance of that now that the long nose has gone extinct. 

I might be way off on this, but I think the Brockway name is now owned by The Brockway Truck Preservation Society ( the guys with the show in Cortland every year )  as far as the glass  goes, that's in Brockway Pa.  ( name of the town )

• Like 1

you said it,bob....when i broke into this racket,,,,road trucks were all way cool....goofiest thing out there was a GMC 9500......seems now thier all goofy looking and stupid....bob

On 11/29/2022 at 5:10 PM, Mark T said:

I might be way off on this, but I think the Brockway name is now owned by The Brockway Truck Preservation Society ( the guys with the show in Cortland every year )  as far as the glass  goes, that's in Brockway Pa.  ( name of the town )

im hoping to make the cortland show atleast once before i croak,,,my uncle had a fleet of them in the 50s and 60s in case you missed it..bob

Yes, I’ll bet maybe I’ll go there this year instead of watts it’s usually about a 1200 dollar trip flying out from Reno but I don’t feel guilty because that’s usually all I do .. thanks for the hot tip I’ve been in the West Coast for 42 years. I have only seen two they were both in LA one was working the other one was at  a   Truck show in Fontana

On 12/1/2022 at 11:55 AM, james j neiweem said:

Mechaholic: If I remember right all of the Tilcon DMM's were tri axle. They had these after the DM 800's. See ex Tilcon Macks from time to time

that's why this DMM seems unusual. would feel better going there when someone is working on the house being built; then i would hopefully get permission  to scope the DM out a lot better. didn't seem to have been a triaxle. possibly a mixer at one time having a body change

On 12/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, mowerman said:

Yes, I’ll bet maybe I’ll go there this year instead of watts it’s usually about a 1200 dollar trip flying out from Reno but I don’t feel guilty because that’s usually all I do .. thanks for the hot tip I’ve been in the West Coast for 42 years. I have only seen two they were both in LA one was working the other one was at  a   Truck show in Fontana

It's a good show. Over here they were a really popular truck that guys liked.  Seems like every year a few more seem to materialize. Maybe I view it that way cause I remember them from when I was young or cause my first truck was one.  Draws trucks ( all Brockway ) from several states and even out of the country.

• Like 1

To add to Mark T's post The Brockway Weekend in Cortland NY is usually the second weekend of August and have activities going on from Thursday afternoon to Sunday Noon.. It is the largest "Brand Specific" show in the country with an average of 140 Brockways Displayed. Feel free to email/PM me for more information and pictures.

• Like 1

Brocky

im giving it some real serious thought....how far is the nearest airport????? after 47 years of truck driving...i dont like to drive too far.....i was surprized you said seems like a bigger turnout every year...since most of us fans are dieing off now...i would expect the other way around...like someone said....model A fords are fading fast,,,,nobody wants them now,,,notice 55 chevy,,about the same way,,,prices have dropped conciderable lately    kinda getting off the subject....but you get it....like whos going to pay 90Gs for a wierd looking old people car..pretty soon .lol.bob

On 12/10/2022 at 3:32 PM, Mark T said:

I'm sure there's an airport in Syracuse, as well as one in Binghamton.  Cortland is just about an even distance from either.

It would be about 50 mile for either. Binghamton might be closer but Syracuse is probably busier for more flights in and out.. I doubt if you can get a direct nonstop into either from Reno????

Brocky

On 12/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, Brocky said:

Bob, Here is a link to the Central NY Living history building which is the home of the Brockway museum as well as 3 others.. Friday dinner, Parade start, Sunday Breakfast are all here..

https://cnylivinghistory.org/#  

Thanks for all your input bud I decided I’m going I’ll be keeping in touch I’m trying to talk other dog into meeting up 4????? Bob

• 2 weeks later...