Got me a new welder

fjh

I have a Lincoln auto darkening helmet. It has provisions to slide the cheater in and it's light compared to it's size (comfy)   They are great, makes life a lot easier when welding. I'm still reluctant to start without a little test look at the sun first (lol)  Get'n flashed isn't much fun

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark T said:

I have a Lincoln auto darkening helmet. It has provisions to slide the cheater in and it's light compared to it's size (comfy)   They are great, makes life a lot easier when welding. I'm still reluctant to start without a little test look at the sun first (lol)  Get'n flashed isn't much fun

LOL!  I'm the same way!  I have trust issues!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

29 minutes ago, Mark T said:

It's a lot easier than get'n flashed ...least I think so.  

Yup agree ! I haven't had a flash in years the sand in the eyes  not a comfortable situation ! However haven't been welding as much the last ten years!

• Like 1

auto darkening helmets are the "best thing since slice bread" . always Leary of them but have found more positive since owning one.  the flip with 2x4 Lens ( didn't like the big lens helmet after 6-8 hrs steady had head aches) i had a tendency to move parts or weld handle too much  when motion of flipping helmet. also auto was great in tight spaces. coke had those side bay delivery  trailers with no room under side to flip a helmet ; and they always had broken something under neath. 

• Like 1

sure could use a welder set up for plastic now.  i see why the front plastic bumpers are left on the sides of the road.  after sanding/cleaning  the epoxy  I put on bumper last night doesn't stay. removed it ; waiting now for a different glue to hopefully hold.  last resort i'm going to use the model glue. LOL  her car not mine. final step a couple of 2x4's bolted to front. red neck style.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

sure could use a welder set up for plastic now.  i see why the front plastic bumpers are left on the sides of the road.  after sanding/cleaning  the epoxy  I put on bumper last night doesn't stay. removed it ; waiting now for a different glue to hopefully hold.  last resort i'm going to use the model glue. LOL  her car not mine. final step a couple of 2x4's bolted to front. red neck style.

Yup OK your on my permanent like list too Buddy I'm out of likes ! JB Weld maybe? Don't need a helmet for this stuff!  see still on track ! WEL were still on topic just a little side tracked maybe!

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

You could whip up one of these bumpers..  😉KIMG0737.thumb.JPG.b27b3efff54fb0bfa2dcb6bae87e819c.JPG

Our pickup is a 2002 dakota got 35000 miles on it 70000 KMs our measure! Don't want to bastardize it with a bush bumper! not deep into the 4 wheel thing!

2 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

I seen the saw and maul on it and figured it was firewood machine haha. That’s a cool saw mill, love your backyard 

Just an FYI

I once got a slap for making a comment like that about someone's backyard 

• Haha 1