Pulling injectors on a 673

Craig N
Go to solution Solved by theakerstwo,

18 minutes ago, Mean Green said:

Looks real good !!!!! What happened to the big chrome bumper that was on it

Thanks!  Still have it. Gonna put it on this weekend. It’s kinda banged up and flimsy but it’ll do for now. 

This will one will do until I can find a nice period correct one. I have one but it’s all banged up. I could probably fix it up I guess. Might do it. Been bent up and welded a bunch. Nothing a grinder won’t fix haha. Maybe 

It looks good mine has an aluminum one I had to weld a bunch of holes shut then I belt sanded it to flatten it back out I kicked around a chrome one but they all seem too wide

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

I like the dual fuel tanks too I have one on the left and I made a big battery box on the right my scrapper buddy gave me a piece of stainless storm grate I made into a step I hope to find matching tanks and just go dual tanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green said:

I like the dual fuel tanks too I have one on the left and I made a big battery box on the right my scrapper buddy gave me a piece of stainless storm grate I made into a step I hope to find matching tanks and just go dual tanks

I have another tank on the red truck I used as a donor for the drivetrain that isn’t getting used. Same as the ones that are on the green one. I’m gonna part out the red one. Hate to see it go to scrap. The dump body will probably get scrapped if no one wants its. I’d sell it for less than scrap just to see someone use it. 

Excellent Bubba, thanks for sharing the photos and as I mentioned, send me some of your ambition looks terrific. It looks like you’re almost done with it and I’m just barely starting ha ha great progress bud enjoy it… Bob

• Like 1

My tank is different than yours I don’t have the grating in the step area you just step on the tank I have a local guy taht has one in his junk yard I’m trying to get the tanks and mounts off of it

• Like 1

The passenger side of the red truck just has a step, no tank. Looks odd. 

I got the alternator on today. Used threaded rod. Used the small pulley, not the one off of the genny.  Got it all wired and it’s charging. Gave it a wash today too. Gonna pull the PTO tomorrow if I have time and put the plate over the hole since the seal leaks on the PTO. Might fix the seal at some point, but doubt I’ll need a PTO unless I can find a winch that’ll work off of it. I have a nice wet system on the other truck, but don’t know what I could do with it other than hydro winch, if there is such a thing. 

Oh, got it registered yesterday too!  Legal beagle!!  Need to try and get the wipers and lights working next i think. Still have to drill the frame for an air tank bracket too. Lots of stuff to do still, but getting there!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, terry said:

Don’t forget to drain trans fluid before pulling PTO.   Terry :MackLogo:

Yeah, that would be a big mess haha. Man, it didn’t leak before, but I took it off and cleaned it all up and must’ve took too much dirt and oil off that held the oil in lol. The transmission that’s attached to the motor I pulled didn’t have a PTO, just a plate covering the hole, so that’s gonna get put on I guess.

So I’ve been digging in some old posts here about the Tu-flo 500. I’m assuming that’s what mine is. I’ll try and clean it up and find some numbers on it. Hoping I don’t need to pull it and get a reman one. We’ll see I guess. I just drove it around town for a good half hour or so with the kiddo and it didn’t leak out nearly as much sludge as before. Hoping it just needs a good running haha. 

The lights work!!  At least the fronts do and marker lights. The rear running lights weren’t on but that should be a simple fix. The wipers work too!!  That’s no wiper arms on there but I have some on big red I can pull off.  Big news. Need to grab a flasher unit for it, as the one in there is all smashed up. Maybe the directionals work too

Did these B models ever have reverse lights?  Also, I have an electric speedo. The unit attached to the Speedo cable has 3 wires coming out of it that must hook up to the speedometer.  I’m gonna look it up. It’s a Stewart Warner gauge.