Cat's and Dog's can get along, with proper training...  :)  Myself.... I like a 12.7 Series 60, If I can't have an E-7... or even an E-Tech..  jojo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Cat's and Dog's can get along, with proper training...  :)  Myself.... I like a 12.7 Series 60, If I can't have an E-7... or even an E-Tech..  jojo

We all have our favorites. For me it goes like this:

mechanically governed......Mack

electronic pre-emission.....Cat C13 and C15

new SCR garbage......Detroit

As much as I love our Mack's....  I would run the wheels off an FLD with a 12.7 Detroit, and a 10 or 13 spd.  I aint no super trucker, but I know I can run that sucker any day...  

11 hours ago, DavCut said:

Great photos and story @Bullheaded

Have a few questions. What is the application of the hopper trailers?  Do they unload into a stacker of some sort?  Also, what is at the rear of the trailer, some sort of loading system?

Thank you for posting. 

Dave

Same question...looks like a folding stacker of some sort???

21 hours ago, DavCut said:

Great photos and story @Bullheaded

Have a few questions. What is the application of the hopper trailers?  Do they unload into a stacker of some sort?  Also, what is at the rear of the trailer, some sort of loading system?

Thank you for posting. 

Dave

They do all the MTO (Ministry of Transportation Ontario) crushing. They make all the aggregate for the gravel secondary roads and they produce and put up all the winter sand for our highways.

So they have a fleet or lowbed float trailers for all the loaders and excavators, and the belly dumps haul the product to all the MTO yards and they also spread on all the roads they are re-gravelling.

They have all kinds of interesting stackers too. They have low profile ones that sit on the ground and the belly dumps drive over them and dump and it goes up a stacker into the sand domes at all the MTO yards. That may be what that is. I didn't go get a look at it.

They are a pretty impressive operation. Nobody can match their setup times and the production they put out. All self sufficient.

They are also the largest producer of Maple Syrup in Ontario Canada.

• Like 2

I used to be so impressed by them when I was a kid....watching all those Superliners just flying wide open. They didn't screw around.

Odd I never worked for them, but I did drive for the other big all Mack fleet here that always had the salt contract for the MTO.

So I did get to run hard in R's, Superliners and Ultraliner's.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 1961H67 said:

Good looking truck ! One of our Superliners is a factory B Model Cat . Great running truck, we put a 18 speed Roadranger in it . ( the black one) 

DBFDDADF-919F-4426-8102-453D0DAA93A2.jpeg

What an awesome lineup!!! You sir have my respect!

On 7/10/2022 at 8:56 PM, 1961H67 said:

Thank You,, The Gray one is a Freedom with a E7 ,, The Red one we use for heavy haul is a E9 , Yellow is a E9  it’s finished now,, we just play with it , The White one also a E9 , We traded it for a B Model dump truck. Thanks for sharing your story. Very interesting! 

Do you have pics of the yellow one finished? Awesome lineup!

Im a big Cat guy so this is awesome! I have a couple of questions though: Could you get a Mack transmission with any engine or only with Mack engines? 

Also Ive never seen a Cat engine in an Ultraliner. Ive seen some cummins and a couple of Detroits but never a Cat, are they rare or did they just never put them in em? 

I had thought I had a brochure that showed Cat in an MH Ultraliner, but maybe I'm thinking of something else? I just had a quick look at some of my brochures and all I saw was that you could get Cat's in a Cruiseliner.

I'm not sure about transmission choices. I know in my area here of northern Ontario Mack transmissions were never a big take. Most all  the Mack's I ever drove here were Eaton 15 speeds. Though I have drove a few with Mack 12 speeds.

• Like 1

That is sure a sweet looking Superliner. I wouldn't be able to get rid of any, LOL

I never saw a heater unit in a Superliner or R Model that I drove that looked like that one.....I mean shape-wise. Is that a year/date thing?

All the ones I drove were in the 80's and 90's mostly.