B61 service manual

I`ll be taking delivery of a 1961 B61 T in early April,and have been looking for a service manual...they seem to be unobtainable.I`ve looked on ebay,Troxler`s,and other lit sites and came up empty.I have the build sheets from the Mack museum but they didn`t respond when I asked about a shop manual.Any leads would be appreciated,thanks.

They do show up on ebay from time to time. All Vintage Trucks has some B model service manuals and parts books, but keep in mind these only cover one truck configuration so you'd have to see if the book you're looking at covers your engine, trans, and rear ends. I have some books that help me with some parts of the truck but other parts are not like mine. They're $125 each.

https://allvintagetrucks.com/collections/service-and-maintenance-manuals?page=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm finishing up listing on eBay the last couple of a pile of vintage Mack parts manuals, these last couple were in the worst condition and were missing covers and cover pages.  One had a damaged cover but had B61T written on the spline.  I will hopefully get listed today.   The page with the radiator and grill looks like a B61 but I'm just a peddler not a Mack expert.  If you know the parts lists that covered the one you have that might help.  This book appears to be a #2214, but has pages from #2205,  #2211.  The engine is END673 and transmission TR671 & TR6710.  Seen page on sleeper cab Mack parts group 15B which I don't remember seeing in other manuals.  Bargin_hunter_500

Truck manuals are listed with pictures at the link below.   I listed Mack manuals first (then GM, White, etc) many Mack & GMC have sold think ~28 still on the site.  The two I listed today sold within 1/2 day which if curious you can view by selecting my sold listings.

https://www.ebay.com/str/sellinghishoard/Manuals-Parts-Service-etc/_i.html?store_cat=76325920013

Funny thing is I was texting a friend that I had finished listing Mac manuals and got to thinking, went out to shop missed 5 that got misplaced of which two  appear to be additional B61T manuals.  Very similar content to the one I had but better shape and both also appear to be specific to a configuration.

Just as a side the most interesting from this group was a near pristine August 1941 Mack pocket salesmens data book with the product line, options and prices, wouldn't doubt a member of this site has it now 🙂 Tried to upload a photo but it failed.

• 1 year later...

Joey Mack, are you interested in printing copies of the B-61 manuals?

• I just bought a Service and Parts manual for B61T from All Vintage Trucks and was not pleased.
    • Some of the images are too dark to be useful.
    • A lot of bleed-through from the back of the page
    • Quickly looking at the brake section I found quite a few duplicate pages - three (3) copies of the foldout for "TROUBLE SHOOTING" air brakes.
    • Off center pages
  • I've scanned and copied a lot of old documents.
  • Quality copies of old documents requires more than putting the book in the printer feeder and hitting "go".

I emailed Vintage that I was not happy. He said he'll relay the issues to the printer.

This is his second reply

• Keith:
  •      Thank you for your order and your comments. I am waiting for the response from our printer. In the meantime, your order will ship today. Once again, thank you and best regards,
  • John

Not sure if that means I'm getting another copy of each book?