Australia left hand drive trucks

I think they would be, with MP 10 at 685 hp and 2300 ft lbs of torque, I reckon they would sell like hot cakes except for one major problem 

Americans seem to like dumping their trucks on the ground to give it that long low sleek look, modern Australian Macks are up high and your face toughness

Paul 

In February 2020  Dean Bestwick The Vice president of Sales & Marketing  of Mack Australia took on a Big role with Mack in North America.

https://www.truckandbus.net.au/bestwick-set-to-head-stateside-as-mack-looks-for-a-new-boss-downunder/

If he's given the same sort of Autonomy he had here in Australia expect big changes & some Australianized Features on New Macks..!!

You might have to wait for the Virus express to Leave & some normality return first though..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Most refreshing news for Mack North America. Now all that's needed is follow through. Lets not get our hopes to high though as Volvo still calls the shots. For starters bring back the Superliner with big power. This will replace the Pinnacle AF which struggles at best as Mack only half heartedly promotes this model. This will make Mack competitive in heavy haul, trailer dumps,  logging etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, james j neiweem said:

Most refreshing news for Mack North America. Now all that's needed is follow through. Lets not get our hopes to high though as Volvo still calls the shots. For starters bring back the Superliner with big power. This will replace the Pinnacle AF which struggles at best as Mack only half heartedly promotes this model. This will make Mack competitive in heavy haul, trailer dumps,  logging etc.

Back in the early 2000s Macks heavy haul offerings were limited. There were heavy haul customers in Canada that looked into purchasing Australian built heavy Mack models and importing them to Canada. The exchange rate, shipping costs and RH drive were reasons why this interest in Aussie heavy models never materialized into imported units to Canada.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

I think they would be, with MP 10 at 685 hp and 2300 ft lbs of torque, I reckon they would sell like hot cakes except for one major problem 

Americans seem to like dumping their trucks on the ground to give it that long low sleek look, modern Australian Macks are up high and your face toughness

Paul 

Well not this Canadian!! Those ARE my kind of trucks. But I was never a flat lander. Pretty much all of my 36 years were on/off road heavy haul and mining/forestry. I like big power and big axles. (well I did.....now I don't get in a truck at all anymore, LOL)

But don't hold your breath about any great trucks returning to the market. Not with the direction our idiot governments are taking us. All you will be seeing now is electric and hydrogen spaceships that are even more costly and troublesome than trucks we have today.

• Like 2