Pictures of the Week

other dog

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 2:19 PM, tjc transport said:

wow. 

i wish the one i ran back in the 80's looked like that!!

that thing looks like it might have had the 2 detroits in it,,,my pop pointed one out to me way back in the 60s...too long ago nto remember make of truck,,,,just remember a very long nose,,,and very loud..bob

3 hours ago, other dog said:

yes, I talked to him. He was zipping around on his golf cart all weekend!

He’s the best I’ve talked to him both times I was at watts show I was going to go this year very bad timing  as most of you all know everything seems to fall on the same weekends in the summer  I was supposed to be a judge of a small car show in my area … I was flattered to tears that these folks asked be to do the job Oooooooooooo guess what same weekend funny car nationals In Sonoma that we already had tickets for last year when they were canceled they honered the seats for this year….  You get the picture .. bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

ain't it kinda hard to pull the 5th wheel pin when ya drop like that?

Not really pull the pin drop the airbags pull out from under it. I’ve been in the intermodal trucking for 24 years with the same company never had a problem. Been driving for 31 i’m a fourth generation trucker 

oh, ok. never tried that. 

but then again, the only air ride tractors i ran were hooked to drop neck low boy trailers. 

disconnect, drop suspension and pull forward 12 inches. then lift and pull away. when hooking up, back to touch deck with the trailer neck, drop suspension, slide the pins in, flip locks and lift trailer.. then lift suspension and drive away.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

oh, ok. never tried that. 

but then again, the only air ride tractors i ran were hooked to drop neck low boy trailers. 

disconnect, drop suspension and pull forward 12 inches. then lift and pull away. when hooking up, back to touch deck with the trailer neck, drop suspension, slide the pins in, flip locks and lift trailer.. then lift suspension and drive away.

Never pulled those lowboys my hats off to you and those guys lots of respect for them.  I’ve drove Mack’s most of my career it’s nice to drive one with Air Ride but it still rides like a Mack I wouldn’t have it any other way.