Truck has a bad bounce from 30 til bout 50 then it kinda settled down 

But it is not comfortable driving bouncing inside

Had a alignment down it was out plan to put on new steers next week 

Was going to Tru and balance tires thats on it but I'm just going to replace 

Any thing I should be looking for 

King pins are good 

It's a stiff bounce like from side to side not back to front

Thanks for any help

If alignment and tires don't cure, might be a bad wheel that is out of round or you might need new spring packs.  I've never really noticed any difference with new shocks compared to worn shocks. Also check the motor mounts, they normally make more of a banging sound when they are worn, but if they are shot possibility that it could perpetuate the bouncing. That was a lot of words to say in my experience a speed related bounce has almost always been tire and wheel related.

10 hours ago, OldRedMack said:

If alignment and tires don't cure, might be a bad wheel that is out of round or you might need new spring packs.  I've never really noticed any difference with new shocks compared to worn shocks. Also check the motor mounts, they normally make more of a banging sound when they are worn, but if they are shot possibility that it could perpetuate the bouncing. That was a lot of words to say in my experience a speed related bounce has almost always been tire and wheel related.

on rare occasion seen  drums out of balance !

A bad brake drum can cause a weird vibration as well. Some of the cheaper aftermarket drums aren't well balanced.

A clump of dirt stuck between the brake drum and the wheel can cause a speed related wobble. Only dealt with this on budd or hub pilot wheels.

If you've got spokes on the front then jack up the front axle and spin each wheel by hand to check the alignment. Not everybody is well versed in the old stuff and it could be wobbly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took front wheels off looked at drums 

They have holes that are way bigger then the stud 

Centered them best I could put wheels back on bounce is not completely gone but it better

I think I'm going to get so.e new drums new tires balanced and hopefully it's gone completely 

Thanks guys for your help

• Like 2

425 is a bigass tire... rekon you have a broken belt in the tire?   is this an RD?  whats the bolt pattern? budd, spoke, piloted?

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed