Was Mack ever big in the Australian Trash/Garbage or Refuse Market?

I build and collect model trucks and I was searching for images of Australian trash Trucks to see if Mack is popular in that market like in the North American Market, but did not see many Macks. Most of the time we see pics of Australian Macks they are mostly tractor trailers or dump trucks

Was Mack ever big there in that market at some point? I see a Australian company named Cleanaway uses or had Macks but not many others.

Was the Mack MR or LE/LR types sold in Australia?

It seems mostly European or Asian brands are used there in the garbage business.

Diecast model Garbage trucks are some of the most popular and collectible trucks

At a uneducated guess, Mack MR were possibly the most popular Macks for rubbish trucks in Australia 

I have seen what I believe are called MB Macks that would of been rubbish trucks 

The most popular rubbish trucks in Australia with out a doubt would of been the IH ACCO for well over 30 and possibly even 40 years and we still lots of ACCOs working today

Paul

58 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

At a uneducated guess, Mack MR were possibly the most popular Macks for rubbish trucks in Australia 

I have seen what I believe are called MB Macks that would of been rubbish trucks 

The most popular rubbish trucks in Australia with out a doubt would of been the IH ACCO for well over 30 and possibly even 40 years and we still lots of ACCOs working today

Paul

Thanks, I was googling pics of Garbage trucks in Australia but didnt see any. I didnt know the MR Or MB was there

20 hours ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Was Mack ever big there in that market at some point?

No, Not to My Knowledge..

Was the Mack MR or LE/LR types sold in Australia?

MR yes, the LE/LR Not that I'm aware of..

I see a Australian company named Cleanaway uses or had Macks but not many others

Bit of useless Trivia.

The parent Company of Cleanaway (Trans pacific Industries[TPI]) at one Time Owned Western Star Trucks . Before getting an All Cash Offer they couldn't refuse from Freightliner.. They also retained Australian/new Zealand Marketing rights for Western Star. Much to Daimler's Disgust. TPI were Also Australian Distributer for the English garbage Truck Chassis Dennis..& MAN Truck & bus.

TPI sold the Truck division to Roger Penske a few Years ago. & is now a mere Shadow of It's Former Self..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• 2 weeks later...

Bulldog, Try contacting Tony Champion in Rockhampton QLD. He was a large Mack dealer as well as being a BIG Mack collector and might be able to answer your questions.. I do not have an email address for him BUT if you Google Volvo Commercial Vehicles there should be a contact button? Maybe Mrs Mack Paul has the contact info??

Here is a link to some pictures of his facility, scroll to the bottom of the page:

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/84264/Down-Under-Trip?PageIndex=7

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I have never seen one, but that doesnt mean they didnt exist

Paul  

Me Either Paul..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -