Cooling System, Paint

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see the progress!

I like the engine look painted that color. Strange thing (nothing strange but an optic illusion) the engine looks greeny in the first pictures but much more to blue where it's already in the chassis.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I must have forgotten that your truck is a smith truck.  It looks great so far.  What number was it? Are you painting it in the Smith livery?  Would you post a before picture please?  Thanks. Mike 

Edited by yarnall

On 2/2/2021 at 3:06 PM, Vladislav said:

Great to see the progress!

I like the engine look painted that color. Strange thing (nothing strange but an optic illusion) the engine looks greeny in the first pictures but much more to blue where it's already in the chassis.

It is a very greenish color, the blue is just because of the camera.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h67st said:

It is a very greenish color, the blue is just because of the camera.

What years and what engines did Mack paint in that color? I really like how it looks.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 2/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, yarnall said:

I must have forgotten that your truck is a smith truck.  It looks great so far.  What number was it? Are you painting it in the Smith livery?  Would you post a before picture please?  Thanks. Mike 

Actually the Smith truck is just a parts truck; I'm using the frame rails and rear bogie from a tandem and the cab, engine, and other parts from a single axle that I have. The color I picked is a teal blue. I think the Smith is number 160...it's got more rust than steel in the cab. I'm using the front axle, transmission, and some other parts from it.

180421 RGS.jpg

3 hours ago, h67st said:

Actually the Smith truck is just a parts truck; I'm using the frame rails and rear bogie from a tandem and the cab, engine, and other parts from a single axle that I have. The color I picked is a teal blue. I think the Smith is number 160...it's got more rust than steel in the cab. I'm using the front axle, transmission, and some other parts from it.

180421 RGS.jpg

That’s cool.  I’d love to see more photos.  Would you consider selling me some parts when you are done with your project?  I have an H69 that could use a few this.  
Mike. 

10 hours ago, yarnall said:

That’s cool.  I’d love to see more photos.  Would you consider selling me some parts when you are done with your project?  I have an H69 that could use a few this.  
Mike. 

I may be selling some parts, but at this rate it will be a couple of years before I finish this thing.

• Haha 1